Left hand drive disclaimer

  • genem2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2010
      I just realized that this group is based out of the U.K. with right hand drive and Euro models.

      I am in the California, U.S.A. so all of my cars are left hand drive with all of our extra equipment for our imports, and have no knowledge of what might be different between the 2.

      I am sorry that I posted without realizing what the ".uk" meant.

      Gene M.
    • Matt Rees
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 13, 2010
        I wouldn't worry about it, most of the users are from the US anyway, & most never bother to mention it either, so thanks.Little things like "528e" & of course talking about dollars, mufflers, & other stuff we have different terms for over here, always give it away.Everyone always seems to get an answer here anyway, so I guess all are welcome.
        BTW a 528e is called a 252e over here, & mufflers are either exhaust boxes or silencers, just so you know

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 13, 2010
          A 528e IS NOT called a 252e, that was me being crap with my typing, it is, of course, called a 525e, but you probably guessed that.

          From: genem2000 <mclans@...>

          To: bmwe28@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 14, 2010
            I still have a 70 TR6 from 35 years ago. Took me awhile back then to figure out what a "bonnet" and a "spanner" were.

            Gene M.

            > BTW a 528e is called a 252e over here, & mufflers are either exhaust boxes or silencers, just so you know

          • brett peavey
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 14, 2010
              can anyone tell me why i am getting flat spots in my rev? I have new
              cap&rotor, new plugs, new wires, new injectors, new exhaust, I run 93
              octane, new tranny, new driveshaft, the only things left to replace is the
              O2 sensor, and the Mass air flow box-

              -brett

              On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:39 PM, genem2000 <mclans@...> wrote:

              > I just realized that this group is based out of the U.K. with right hand
              > drive and Euro models.
              >
              > I am in the California, U.S.A. so all of my cars are left hand drive with
              > all of our extra equipment for our imports, and have no knowledge of what
              > might be different between the 2.
              >
              > I am sorry that I posted without realizing what the ".uk" meant.
              >
              > Gene M.

            • genem2000
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 16, 2010
                Brett,

                What year, model, and transmission, and is it a U.S. car?

                Are the flat spots consistently at certain rpm's or random? Subtle or severe?

                Do you also get surging?

                How is your idle and what did your spark plugs look like when you changed them?

                Have you thoroughly checked for vacumn leaks and bled the air out of your cooling system?

                Have you checked your fuel pressure and delivery rate--new fuel filter?

                If you have a digital multimeter you can check the operation of the O2 sensor.

                Do you get any smoke out of the tailpipe at idle? No smell of coolant in the exhaust?

                Gene M.