Stiffer springs for towing

  • Gene M
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2014
      I have a 1987 U.S. 535is,  5 speed that I want to use to tow my boat with a single axle trailer.  I noticed in the Euro parts diagram that there was a trailer hitch available.

      Does anyone have information for a stiffer rear coil spring (or spacers) to maintain the rear end height.  The only discussion I have come across on the subject is at

      Also, has anyone used their E28 to tow, or know the rated towing capacity for the vehicle?  I was using my 1983 U.S. 733i with an automatic transmission to tow before without a problem but that car will no longer pass the California smog test.

      Gene M.