parts

  • owlbit
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 15, 2002
      Hi,

      I have just bought a 520i (e28) and need a few parts for it. Is there anywhere that anyone knows a good place that sells parts (used OK) - maybe in the W. Midlands area.

      The parts that i need are -

      a right side rear lens / glass lights (current cracked)
      a cloth cover for the gearbox (current torn)

      regards
      Martin
    • Isaac Carrero
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 15, 2002
        owlbit wrote:
        Hi,

        I have just bought a 520i (e28) and need a few parts for it. Is there anywhere that anyone knows a good place that sells parts (used OK) - maybe in the W. Midlands area.

        The parts that i need are -

        a right side rear lens / glass lights (current cracked)
        a cloth cover for the gearbox (current torn)

        regards

        Hi u can go to BAvarianautosport.com and bmpdesign for any model if you find any good sites for bmws please write me back

        peace Isaac

      • steve
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 3, 2003
          Hi Bruno!
          I just climbed under my car and discovered the rear u-joint has slop. I
          think this is what causes the grinding/knocking sound when I start out in
          first gear. I have found that used ones are $300 in my area or I can have
          one rebuilt including ctr. bearing for $450 + tax and add the guibo. Do you
          happen to know how to locate u-joint part numbers? Have any other
          suggestions?
          Thank You, Steve.
        • jimcurrie2004
          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 8, 2006
            Hi everyone,ive just joined your club. I have had a 525e(1988) for
            about six years now. It's been garaged now for about three years. It
            was running great before i started to neglect it.I am in need of some
            parts and finding it quite difficult to source them. Would be very
            greatful if anyone could help. Im looking for the right part of the
            front bumper,(not chrome),a water pump,two front fog lights,a front
            passenger wing(RHD)and a set of steel wheels as alloys which are not
            metric are to wide.Even a phone No. for parts would be great? Cheers
            everybody!!!
          • graham_e28
            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 8, 2006
              --- In bmwe28@..., "jimcurrie2004" <jimcurrie2004@y...>
              wrote:

              > Hi everyone,ive just joined your club. I have had a 525e(1988) for
              > about six years now. It's been garaged now for about three years. It
              > was running great before i started to neglect it.I am in need of some
              > parts and finding it quite difficult to source them. Would be very
              > greatful if anyone could help. Im looking for the right part of the
              > front bumper,(not chrome),a water pump,two front fog lights,a front
              > passenger wing(RHD)and a set of steel wheels as alloys which are not
              > metric are to wide.Even a phone No. for parts would be great? Cheers
              > everybody!!!

              Jim,
              Welcome - I've not long joined myself with a 520i (1985) - look back
              over previous messages and you'll find there's some really sound and
              interesting info that isn't available anywhere else.

              For those parts I haven't been able to source second hand I have found
              euro carparts excellent. You can order by phone or on-line via
              www.eurocarparts.com. They ship throughout UK , Europe and elswhere
              overseas and have many substitute as well as original parts - prices
              are very competitive and over the phone or by email, the guys are
              very helpful with parts advice. Carriage in UK for orders over £50 is
              free, under £50 at £4.99.

              For first UK contact I would suggest the Wembley branch - Tel 020 8956
              5050 Fax 020 8956 5001. I have used them for a number of parts I
              could not get elsewhere and have always found stuff delivered when it
              was promised, and on the one occasion I had a breakage (tail light
              cluster)there was no hassle and a new part was delivered within 48 hrs
              carriage free.

              Hope this helps,
              Graham
            • Ed MacVaugh
              Message 6 of 26 , Jan 8, 2006
                Anywhere in the world but the US would not have an E28 528e. By 1988,
                all other markets had gone to the more aerodynamic E34 body style. Give
                us the last seven characters of your VIN and we can point you at the parts.

                Ed

                jimcurrie2004 wrote:

                >Hi everyone,ive just joined your club. I have had a 525e(1988) for
                >about six years now. It's been garaged now for about three years. It
                >was running great before i started to neglect it.I am in need of some
                >parts and finding it quite difficult to source them. Would be very
                >greatful if anyone could help. Im looking for the right part of the
                >front bumper,(not chrome),a water pump,two front fog lights,a front
                >passenger wing(RHD)and a set of steel wheels as alloys which are not
                >metric are to wide.Even a phone No. for parts would be great? Cheers
                >everybody!!!

                > <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html>.

              • Tom Ferretti
                Message 7 of 26 , Jan 8, 2006
                  Hello There Jim,
                  I have a 1986 528e that I have been parting out, I am certain that i have at least some of the parts you are requesting. The wheels I know are available. You can reach me at Tomfer1@.... This site does not allow for a sale forum and rightfully so, reach me at my e-mail address and we can take it from there.
                  Have a good day, Tom

                  Message 8 of 26 , Jan 9, 2006
                    <jimcurrie2004@y...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi everyone,ive just joined your club. I have had a 525e(1988)
                    for
                    > > about six years now. It's been garaged now for about three years.
                    It
                    > > was running great before i started to neglect it.I am in need of
                    some
                    > > parts and finding it quite difficult to source them. Would be
                    very
                    > > greatful if anyone could help. Im looking for the right part of
                    the
                    > > front bumper,(not chrome),a water pump,two front fog lights,a
                    front
                    > > passenger wing(RHD)and a set of steel wheels as alloys which are
                    not
                    > > metric are to wide.Even a phone No. for parts would be great?
                    Cheers
                    > > everybody!!!
                    > >
                    > Jim,
                    > Welcome - I've not long joined myself with a 520i (1985) - look back
                    > over previous messages and you'll find there's some really sound and
                    > interesting info that isn't available anywhere else.
                    >
                    > For those parts I haven't been able to source second hand I have
                    found
                    > euro carparts excellent. You can order by phone or on-line via
                    > www.eurocarparts.com. They ship throughout UK , Europe and elswhere
                    > overseas and have many substitute as well as original parts -
                    prices
                    > are very competitive and over the phone or by email, the guys are
                    > very helpful with parts advice. Carriage in UK for orders over £50
                    is
                    > free, under £50 at £4.99.
                    >
                    > For first UK contact I would suggest the Wembley branch - Tel 020
                    8956
                    > 5050 Fax 020 8956 5001. I have used them for a number of parts I
                    > could not get elsewhere and have always found stuff delivered when
                    it
                    > was promised, and on the one occasion I had a breakage (tail light
                    > cluster)there was no hassle and a new part was delivered within 48
                    hrs
                    > carriage free.
                    >
                    > Hope this helps,
                    > Graham

                  • rpboothe
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jan 28, 2006
                      I'm looking for the center console (heater controls and stereo
                      housing) for a 528e (mine is 1987). Have you completely parted out
                      your car yet? Also, I need an ashtray for the left rear passenger
                      door and the headlight switch module. How is your dashboard foam?
                      If I can find an uncracked dashboard I might be interested in it.

                      --- In bmwe28@..., Tom Ferretti <tom_ferretti@y...>

                      wheels I know are available. You can reach me at Tomfer1@c... This
                      site does not allow for a sale forum and rightfully so, reach me at
                      my e-mail address and we can take it from there.

                      Have a good day, Tom

                      > jimcurrie2004 <jimcurrie2004@y...> wrote:
                      > Hi everyone,ive just joined your club. I have had a 525e(1988)
                      for
                      > about six years now. It's been garaged now for about three years.
                      It
                      > was running great before i started to neglect it.I am in need of
                      some
                      > parts and finding it quite difficult to source them. Would be very
                      > greatful if anyone could help. Im looking for the right part of
                      the
                      > front bumper,(not chrome),a water pump,two front fog lights,a
                      front
                      > passenger wing(RHD)and a set of steel wheels as alloys which are
                      not
                      > metric are to wide.Even a phone No. for parts would be great?
                      Cheers
                      > everybody!!!

                      Service.

                    • Ken
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jan 30, 2006
                        Jim

                        I have an 88/87 build that I might consider parting out make me an offer on
                        what you want off list

                        ken@... 317-253-7000 Indianapolis Indiana

                        _____

                        wrote:

                        > Hello There Jim,
                        > I have a 1986 528e that I have been parting out, I am certain
                        that i have at least some of the parts you are requesting. The
                        wheels I know are available. You can reach me at Tomfer1@c... This
                        site does not allow for a sale forum and rightfully so, reach me at
                        my e-mail address and we can take it from there.

                        Have a good day, Tom

                        > jimcurrie2004 <jimcurrie2004@y...> wrote:
                        > Hi everyone,ive just joined your club. I have had a 525e(1988)
                        for
                        > about six years now. It's been garaged now for about three years.
                        It
                        > was running great before i started to neglect it.I am in need of
                        some
                        > parts and finding it quite difficult to source them. Would be very
                        > greatful if anyone could help. Im looking for the right part of
                        the
                        > front bumper,(not chrome),a water pump,two front fog lights,a
                        front
                        > passenger wing(RHD)and a set of steel wheels as alloys which are
                        not
                        > metric are to wide.Even a phone No. for parts would be great?
                        Cheers
                        > everybody!!!

                        Service.

                        _____

                        <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html> .

                      • Ron Kall
                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 18, 2006
                          I have a set of metric alloy wheels,
                          1985 535i, mfg date 12/84. They are
                          waiting for a trip to the scrap yard.
                          Let me know if you want them, located
                          in East Bay of SF, CA. Tires still on
                          them - no tread left.

                          mail me at ronjkall@...

                          ---

                          Ron Kall
                          Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

                          1986 528e
                          1985 535i

                        • Ron Kall
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 18, 2006
                            Jim,

                            advice - putting in a used waterpump is strange.
                            You have the release the timing belt tension, so
                            SOP says new belt, no big deal ten bucks, but to
                            go through all that work and drop in a used pump
                            when a new pump is fifty bucks?

                            --- Tom Ferretti <tom_ferretti@...> wrote:

                            > Hello There Jim,
                            > I have a 1986 528e that I have been parting out, I am certain that i have at least some of the
                            > parts you are requesting. The wheels I know are available. You can reach me at
                            > Tomfer1@.... This site does not allow for a sale forum and rightfully so, reach me at
                            > my e-mail address and we can take it from there.
                            > Have a good day, Tom
                            >
                            > jimcurrie2004 <jimcurrie2004@...> wrote:
                            > Hi everyone,ive just joined your club. I have had a 525e(1988) for
                            > about six years now. It's been garaged now for about three years. It
                            > was running great before i started to neglect it.I am in need of some
                            > parts and finding it quite difficult to source them. Would be very
                            > greatful if anyone could help. Im looking for the right part of the
                            > front bumper,(not chrome),a water pump,two front fog lights,a front
                            > passenger wing(RHD)and a set of steel wheels as alloys which are not
                            > metric are to wide.Even a phone No. for parts would be great? Cheers
                            > everybody!!!

                            Ron Kall
                            Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

                            1986 528e
                            1985 535i

                          • carlos mciver
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 18, 2006
                              HI RON, I AM INTERESTED IN THOSE WHEELS, WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR THEM?

                              Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote: I have a set of metric alloy wheels,
                              1985 535i, mfg date 12/84. They are
                              waiting for a trip to the scrap yard.
                              Let me know if you want them, located
                              in East Bay of SF, CA. Tires still on
                              them - no tread left.

                              mail me at ronjkall@...

                              ---

                              Ron Kall
                              Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

                              1986 528e
                              1985 535i

                            • Guy DiCesare
                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 18, 2006
                                Hi everyone. I'm looking at the 8 series cars of the
                                90's. Any thoughts on which years/engines are good,
                                which had problems? Is this a very bad idea for
                                someone who's tired of dumping a grand a month into a
                                car year after year? Thanks for your input (you have
                                to admit, they're sweet LOOKING cars. Thanks Guy D

                              • Allan Balagot
                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 27, 2006
                                  Hey Guy, we should talk, I have the same thought in my mind. I currently have a 1988 535is and it's a money pit. I was also looking towards the 8 series as well. What a coincidence!.

                                  Guy DiCesare <guydicesare2000@...> wrote: Hi everyone. I'm looking at the 8 series cars of the

                                  --- Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote:

                                  > Jim,
                                  >
                                  > advice - putting in a used waterpump is strange.
                                  > You have the release the timing belt tension, so
                                  > SOP says new belt, no big deal ten bucks, but to
                                  > go through all that work and drop in a used pump
                                  > when a new pump is fifty bucks?
                                  >

                                  > --- Tom Ferretti <tom_ferretti@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Hello There Jim,
                                  > > I have a 1986 528e that I have been parting out,
                                  > I am certain that i have at least some of the
                                  > > parts you are requesting. The wheels I know are
                                  > available. You can reach me at
                                  > > Tomfer1@.... This site does not allow for
                                  > a sale forum and rightfully so, reach me at
                                  > > my e-mail address and we can take it from there.
                                  > >
                                  > Have a good day, Tom
                                  > >
                                  > > jimcurrie2004 <jimcurrie2004@...> wrote:
                                  > > Hi everyone,ive just joined your club. I have
                                  > had a 525e(1988) for
                                  > > about six years now. It's been garaged now for
                                  > about three years. It
                                  > > was running great before i started to neglect it.I
                                  > am in need of some
                                  > > parts and finding it quite difficult to source
                                  > them. Would be very
                                  > > greatful if anyone could help. Im looking for the
                                  > right part of the
                                  > > front bumper,(not chrome),a water pump,two front
                                  > fog lights,a front
                                  > > passenger wing(RHD)and a set of steel wheels as
                                  > alloys which are not
                                  > > metric are to wide.Even a phone No. for parts
                                  > would be great? Cheers
                                  > > everybody!!!

                                  > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                                  > removed]
                                  > >

                                  > Ron Kall
                                  > Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
                                  >

                                  > 1986 528e
                                  > 1985 535i

                                  > protection around
                                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                • Guy DiCesare
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 27, 2006
                                    Money pit indeed! I think we should both have our
                                    heads examined. However, 0nce bitten by the Beemer
                                    bug, you're often afflicted for life. Let me know if
                                    you hear anything on the 8 series-I've found one
                                    review online which talks mostly about the car's
                                    'outdated body style'. Maybe I'm getting old, but I
                                    think the style (as well as the bigger engines) are
                                    what make it a cool looking car. Talk with you
                                    soon-I'll update if I hear anything more. Guy

                                  • Allan Balagot
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 27, 2006
                                      i definitely agree with you. the 8 series body has a uniqueness to it that's why I stuck with my 535is. Anyway, i've been checking on ebay for the 8. My cousin bought his m3 1997 on there, but asked the seller to stop the bid and to negotiate a deal. So I'm planning on doing the same. Well see what happens.

                                      Guy DiCesare <guydicesare2000@...> wrote: Money pit indeed! I think we should both have our

                                    • Blake Nancarrow
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 28, 2006
                                        On Monday 27 March 2006 9:46 PM, Allan Balagot wrote:
                                        > i definitely agree with you. the 8 series body has a
                                        uniqueness to it
                                        > that's why I stuck with my 535is.

                                        guys,

                                        With respect, would you mind taking your conversations
                                        about the 8 Series cars off line...

                                        I would appreciate it.

                                        cheers,
                                        Blake
                                      • Steve Cunningham
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 28, 2006
                                          Blake,

                                          Would you mind taking a mild sedative? What's the matter with
                                          discussing other BMWs here? I frequent this and the MyE28 board and
                                          rarely comment on this one, but I don't feel that the occasional 8
                                          series comment needs the invocation of a "take that conversation out of
                                          here" type warning. I, too, prefer my 535iS, but that does not squelch
                                          my interest in e24s, e31s, or even some of the newer cars. Of course,
                                          if this is your board, taking up your bandwidth, then just tell me how
                                          I can unsubscribe and I'll just mosey on down the road.....

                                          Steve

                                          On Mar 28, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Blake Nancarrow wrote:

                                          > On Monday 27 March 2006 9:46 PM, Allan Balagot wrote:
                                          > > i definitely agree with you. the 8 series body has a
                                          > uniqueness to it
                                          > > that's why I stuck with my 535is.
                                          >
                                          > guys,
                                          >
                                          > With respect, would you mind taking your conversations
                                          > about the 8 Series cars off line...
                                          >
                                          > I would appreciate it.
                                          >
                                          > cheers,
                                          > Blake

                                          > �
                                          > �
                                          > Service.

                                        • Eric Pommerer
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 30, 2006
                                            Ahem ...

                                          • oneshot179@aol.com
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 30, 2006
                                              yes can we just shut up talking about 8 series models

                                            • Eric Pommerer
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 30, 2006
                                                Yeah! We on't want yer kind around here!
                                                Judean People's Front!? Bloody splitters!
                                                We're the People's Front of Judea!

                                                On 3/30/06, oneshot179@... <oneshot179@...> wrote:

                                                > yes can we just shut up talking about 8 series models

                                              • Alan Myler - at home
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Mar 31, 2006
                                                  Absolutely :-)

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Mar 31, 2006
                                                    I personaly find the 8 series a bit flash

                                                    a bit footballers wifes car?

                                                  • tom
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Aug 23, 2010
                                                      My 533i is gone gone away - leaving me with some parts. Among them is a new in the bag driveshaft center bearing part # 26121209532 - see http://www.penskeparts.com/DiagramsByPartNumber.aspx?parts=26%2012%201%20209%20532 for various BMW applications. $10 + shipping sound fair?

                                                      Also have bumper overriders, an heavy duty alternator from a 524td, matching keyed locks and ignition switch. Some lights and good tidbits I would like to see get used.

                                                      Email me at calmloki@...
                                                    • Gerald Paul
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Aug 25, 2010
                                                        Hello,
                                                        I have an 88 535is E28 with manual transmission that needs a final drive shaft.
                                                        It looks like diagram # 26_0120. Do you know how interchangable the one you have
                                                        is? Just a shot.
                                                        Thanks,
                                                        Jerry