7050File - netiquette.txt
- 1 Oct���BOROUGH BABIES - NETIQUETTE
Borough Babies is fully moderated ��� which means each message is read by a team
of moderators before being sent to the group. Please help us keep Borough
Babies a vibrant and useful local forum (and minimize our workload) by reading
1. If your reply to a message is intended only for one person, and not of
interest to the whole list, please send it OFF-LIST to the ORIGINAL AUTHOR ONLY.
To do this, click `forward' instead of `reply' and then cut and paste the
original author's email address into your `To' box.
2. Please respect confidences on the list - do not forward messages elsewhere
without the permission of the author. At the same time, remember that ANYBODY
can join this list, and that messages posted here can be found via Google
searches - so don't regard your postings here as confidential.
3. Please don't initiate or enter into group discussions about the relative
merits (or otherwise) of particular nurseries or schools. Members can recommend
childminders, babysitters and nannies, but again should not engage in group
discussion of their relative merits. We do not allow self-advertising of
childcare services by childminders or nannies by email to the group.
Childminders and nannies can upload their CVs to the `document' section of the
website, where members can browse through them.
4. Members can offer child-related items for sale at reasonable prices or to
give away to group members. This service is offered on a `reasonable usage'
basis, ie occasional posts only. You could consider using www.freecycle.org to
find homes for unwanted baby equipment ��� the users of that group are often in
real financial hardship.
5. Please don't use the group to advertise non-family related services or to
place adverts on behalf of friends. We would prefer to keep group advice to
recommendations of local providers you have personally used and can really vouch
6. When replying to a message on the list, please delete most of the old
message, leaving just a few lines to show what you're replying to. This stops
the daily digest filling up with repeated material.
7. If you are a journalist or market researcher wanting to contact the group,
please email the moderators with your request.
Thank you very much��� Any questions, please get in touch!
Borough Babies co-moderators
Claire Maugham Maugham.claire@...
Jessica Evershed jessicaevershed@...
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>