Hotel Recommendation

  • sarahmaymurray
    Message 1 of 7 , 27 Apr

      I'd like to go away for a weekend with my husband and three kids.  Hence I'm looking for a nice hotel with a swimming pool that's not too far from London.  Can anyone please recommend one; somewhere that's family friendly and affordable?  I'm struggling to find any online (or there are too many to search through).  Thanks!

    • ioana nistoreanu
      Message 2 of 7 , 27 Apr
        Hello Sarah,

        Sopwell house in St Albans is quite good. The food is great and you can make nice walks through the country side. Sadly,  the pool is open to kids 8am to 10 am only.

        On the expensive side, I d recommend the 4 seasons hotel in Hampshire. The pool is great and they are very family friendly. On the negatives, they are very expensive so I tend to go when they have special offers, like 3 nights for the price of 2.

        Ioana

        On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 at 15:13, sarah_morrissey@... [boroughbabies]
        <boroughbabies@...> wrote:

        I'd like to go away for a weekend with my husband and three kids.  Hence I'm looking for a nice hotel with a swimming pool that's not too far from London.  Can anyone please recommend one; somewhere that's family friendly and affordable?  I'm struggling to find any online (or there are too many to search through).  Thanks!

      • Ilona Ludewig-Mack
        Message 3 of 7 , 30 Apr
          Check

          Luxury family hotels.
          Baby friendly boltholes.

          Both the above terms are basically the website address.

          The Ickworth (which I think the below post refers to) is part of the luxury family hotels. Yes, it can be expensive, but you get a creche, a listening service at night (so monitoring over the room phone - you can tuck your kids in & go for dinner), lots of stuff for the kids to do, all set in beautiful National Park grounds. Plus 3 course adult dinner. And a spa. and bicycles on site you can use for free.

          And no restrictions on when you can use the pool with kids!

          Ilona

          Sent from my iPhone

          On 27 Apr 2017, at 17:31, ioana nistoreanu ioananistoreanu@... [boroughbabies] <boroughbabies@...> wrote:

          Hello Sarah,

          Sopwell house in St Albans is quite good. The food is great and you can make nice walks through the country side. Sadly,  the pool is open to kids 8am to 10 am only.

          On the expensive side, I d recommend the 4 seasons hotel in Hampshire. The pool is great and they are very family friendly. On the negatives, they are very expensive so I tend to go when they have special offers, like 3 nights for the price of 2.

          Ioana

          I'd like to go away for a weekend with my husband and three kids.  Hence I'm looking for a nice hotel with a swimming pool that's not too far from London.  Can anyone please recommend one; somewhere that's family friendly and affordable?  I'm struggling to find any online (or there are too many to search through).  Thanks!

        • Verena

            Message 5 of 7 , 30 Apr
              The Hilton in Maidstone has a pool and easily reached by car from London, and is withina short car ride of lots of Kent attractions. Hilton in Cobham, Surrey too. Neither is luxury, but can be very cheap if booked during a Hilton sale,& both have a large Hilton buffet breakfast.
            • Suzi Gatward
              Message 6 of 7 , 1 May
                I'd also recommend new forest hotels (chain of four hotels). They often have 3 for 2 offers, hotels all have a swimming pool (not massive but big enough), great staff and dbb offers with a baby listening service :) our favourite is beaulieu as right in the middle of the forest, you wake up to ponies everywhere and amazing views and can then spend all day looking for ponies and wandering through the forest. It's beautiful, free and everyone sleeps amazingly after all that fresh air! Buy the new forest cycle track map as has lots of walks suitable for little ones on bikes and smaller ones running or scootering/parents pushing a buggy! Hope you find something. Happy holidays!
                Suzi x
              • David & Sarah Wilks
                Message 7 of 7 , 3 May
                  This has been such a helpful thread for sorting out our holidays for the next few years - thank you everyone!

                  I would add a hotel which we stayed at recently, not near London, but really excellent: North Lakes Hotel and Spa, nr Penrith (and therefore v handy if driving to / from Scotland). https://www.thwaites.co.uk/hotels-and-inns/hotels/north-lakes-hotel-penrith

                  Lovely pool, delicious eating options and they allow 5 people in a room - v useful if you have 3 kids (and yes, we did sleep!). Great for exploring the Lakes.

                  Enjoy!