      From: british_galls@... <british_galls@...> on behalf of 'kmharris@...' kmharris@... [british_galls] <british_galls@...>
      Sent: 10 September 2017 11:24
      To: british_galls@...
      Subject: Re: [british_galls] Meadowsweet vein galls?

      Hi Jill

      These excellent images are leaf vein pouch galls of  Dasineura  undescribed species B on Filipendula ulmaria. They are illustrated in Fig. 333 in the second edition of British Plant Galls and additional information is given in my article published in Cecidology 25 No 1 in 2010. The species remains without formal description and naming, despite the fact that the galls were described from Germany almost a century ago in 1918. The only published record of this species in Scotland is from Loch Lomond in 2008 by Carl Farmer.

      Dasineura harrisoni is a distinct, named species, that induces fleshy multilocular galls on stems and leaves at the base of affected Filipendula ulmaria plants. There seems to be only one good record of it in the UK, in County Antrim last year.

      Keith Harris