1415Re: : Who uses sister strings (na comhluighe) in tuning their harp and..

  • Jacqueline Lynaugh
    Feb 6, 2015
      I have been following this conversation and I have been wondering ...has anyone considered the fact that the wire harp pre-dates the notes of the middle ages. Pitches and names for pitches have evolved just as instruments have. Could the size of the harp, and the materials used have determined the pitch the sisters were set to?
      Could pitches have been learned through a name system more like a movable "do"before the staff was devised?
      Who says the sisters had to be a particular pitch at all. They set a foundation from which the rest of the intervals are measured.

      Jacqueline in Hayward California

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic