2722winter daysails

    Aug 7, 2013
      Alan, Cliff and David, thankyou very much for volunteering to host our winter daysails.

      I have suggested the dates and venues as below. Could you very kindly check if you agree them and if so double-check me on the tide times and feasibility of your rally/s.

      Many thanks, Len    PS Is there a way of getting March 2014 tide times at this stage?

      South Coast Winter Daysails

      2013-4 Draft 2

      {Usual safety preamble}

      For further information please see dinghys

      olent@... or phone relevant

      host. It helps to let the host know if you intend to come. In the event of bad weather the sail may be

      postponed until the Sunday. Members are more than welcome to propose and host additional events on

      other weekends.

      Draft only for member’s comments and to volunteer to host. (David Sumner has offered to do two, Len hopes to do two subject to carer relief)

      We need to settle soon for Liz’s approval to meet bulletin press date

      Sat Oct 19 HW Chichester Bar 12.19.BST Launch Bedhampton Quay (Langstone Harbour) 10.30 for

      Sinah Warren/Langstone entrance (pub and café) and/or Eastney. Host David Sumner

      Sat Nov 16 LW Chichester Bar 10.25. Launch Itchenor 10.30 for East Head etc, return with flood. Host

      Len Wingfield

      Sat Dec 28 HW Chichester Bar 07.20 . Launch Itchenor 10.30 for Sandy Point (Hayling Island) Host Cliff Martin?

      Sat Jan 26 HW Chichester Bar 12.18. Launch Itchenor 11.00 for Prinstead café Host David Sumner?

      Sat Dec 7 HW Southampton 13.48-15.38. Launch Warsash 10.30 or Swanwick 11.45 for Curbridge

      (Upper Hamble River) return on second ebb. Host Alan Moulton

      Sat Feb ? Date to suit South Coast Winter Meet. Launch Bedhampton or Emsworth Warblington Road,

      details when date is known. .Host Len Wingfield

      Sat Mar? Date to be confirmed HW Portsmouth ?. Launch Hardway (near Gosport) 11.00 for lunch at

      Fareham, possibly returning via Porchester if conditions allow. Or launch Fareham on ebb,

      returning on flood (Subject to further information on Fareham launch site hours). Host Alan Moulton

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic