9162Saturday 16 sept daysail

    16 Sep
      The Hardway rally was changed to an Itchenor Daysail to suit members. Present:

      Liz Baker in Tessa, 12’6” Una rigged Gaffer
      Ian Barrett in a wooden 11’0” Heron (in fine condition)
      Chris Partridge in Snarleymow, a 14’0” rower/sailer lugger yawl
      David Sumner in Curlew, his gaff and topsail rigged 11’0” Mirror
      Chris Waite in his own radical design and build 12’0” lugger
      Len Wingfield in Asa, his Mirror rigged 11’0” Mk I Gull

      Steve Davis came down from London by train and bike to crew David

      Launching/assembling at Itchenor, we tacked out of Itchenor Reach then reached down the Itchenor Channel with the ebb. Winds were moderate but weather was fine despite thunderstorms seen all around. After lunching in the dunes at East Head members sailed locally before returning with the new flood, We had strong sun but almost dead calm at first yet cloudbursts were experienced at many points close around us. Eventually some rain came with the wind but we had mostly dry sunny weather.

      Len W
    • Show all 61 messages in this topic