9235Re:: Re: : Re: Re:: Re: : Re: : Re: [dinghysolent]: Saturday 30th Fowley Island Rally

  • curlew5878
    26 Sep

      The Langstone swashway was, I think, just drying towards the Western end with 2m rise of tide. I have walked it at LW and the Western half dries. The channel is a bit twisty at LW but this may not matter with higher tide. The channel seems to lie on a line from the fun fair tent to the square church tower in Portsmouth. I have not done it by boat yet.

      As for creek crawling, it requires too much skill I am afraid, and I prefer the open sea, the boat steering herself, the steadiness of the wind and waves, the occasional spray coming over, brewing up some tea under way, relaxing and enjoying the navigation.

      David

    • Show all 57 messages in this topic