9280Re:: Re: : Re: Re:: Re: Re:: Re: : Re: : Re: : Re: Re:: Re: : Re: : Re: [dinghysolent]: Saturday

  • rdstracey@hotmail.co.uk
    2 Oct
      Hi david, i have scraped around the damage and it appears to be that the glass tape is no longer adhered to the bottom panel. I removed the tape from this section and now have her drying out thoroghly. There is no sign of rot or any significant damage to the woodwork, so i will fill and re-tape the seam.

      I believe that she may not have been sat properly on her trailer at some point and this has pushed the panel upwards, rather than the chine being supported by the trailer.

      It is fortunate that the mirror is an easy boat to repair, and quite ironic that i had been saying that morning how poor the original polyester resins were in comparison to modern epoxy!

      Cheers,
      Rob
    • Show all 40 messages in this topic