winter daysails

    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 15, 2012
      1) Could hosts please check details of their daysails
      2) Could Alan kindly give me his home and mobile numbers (Apparently not on membership list.)
      3)  Any comments Liz?
    • Alan Moulton
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 16, 2012

        Hi Len,

        Home number is 01243 573252. Mobile number is 07818 086051. I'm definitely on a list somewhere as I continue to receive the DCA bulletin!

        Regards,

        Alan

      • Elizabeth Baker
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 16, 2012
          Len,
          Was there supposed to be something attached this this?
          Liz

          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 17, 2012
            Yes Liz,

            South Coast Winter Daysails

            {Usual safety preamble}

            Tides BST/GMT. For further information please see dinghys

            olent@... or phone relevant

            host. It helps to let the host know if you intend to come. In the event of bad weather the sail may be

            postponed until the Sunday. Members are more than welcome to propose and host additional events on

            other weekends.

            Oct 6 HW Chichester Bar 15.39. Launch Bedhampton Quay (Langstone Harbour) 11.30 for Sinah

            Warren and Eastney. Host Len Wingfield Tel.01483 563422, 077486 70155.

            Nov 10 HW Chichester Bar 07.51. Launch Itchenor 10.30 for East Head etc, return with flood. Host Alan Moulton. Tel 01243 573252, 07818 086051.

            Dec 1 HW Southampton 12.00. Launch Warsash for Curbridge (or Eling) 10.00 return on second ebb.

            Host David Sumner Tel 01403 730152, 0781 880 1657.

            Dec 29 HW Chichester Bar11.56. Launch Emsworth Warblington Road 09.30 for lunch on Fowley Island, return advised before 14.30 (or later if launching at Emsworth Quay). Host David Sumner Tel 01403 730152, 0781 8801657.

            Jan 26 HW Chichester Bar 11.03. Launch Itchenor 10.00 for Bosham and Dell Quay or Prinstead etc. Host

            Steve Bradwell Tel. 01252 724854, 07598 388339.

            Feb ? Date to suit South Coast Winter Meet. Launch Bedhampton or Emsworth Warblington Road, details when date is known. Host Len Wingfield Tel. 01483 563422, 077486 70155.

            Mar 16 HW Portsmouth 14.01. Launch Hardway (near Gosport) 11.00 for lunch at Fareham, possibly returning via Porchester if conditions allow. Host Alan Moulton. Tel. 01243 573252, 07818 086051.

            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 17, 2012
              Hi Liz
              I am really grateful to Len for sorting the programme out.
              Incidentally, it struck me that tide times at Portsmouth might be better as they relate to the tidal stream chartlets.
              Good sailing.
              David S
            • Elizabeth Baker
              Message 6 of 26 , Aug 17, 2012
                Depends which chartlets you use.  Mine are based on Dover!  I havn't checked these yet.  Hoping for a quiet moment at Cobnor when I can do this, so I can send them off to Keith as soon as I get back.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Aug 7, 2013
                    Alan, Cliff and David, thankyou very much for volunteering to host our winter daysails.

                    I have suggested the dates and venues as below. Could you very kindly check if you agree them and if so double-check me on the tide times and feasibility of your rally/s.

                    Many thanks, Len    PS Is there a way of getting March 2014 tide times at this stage?

                    South Coast Winter Daysails

                    2013-4 Draft 2

                    {Usual safety preamble}

                    For further information please see dinghys

                    olent@... or phone relevant

                    host. It helps to let the host know if you intend to come. In the event of bad weather the sail may be

                    postponed until the Sunday. Members are more than welcome to propose and host additional events on

                    other weekends.

                    Draft only for member’s comments and to volunteer to host. (David Sumner has offered to do two, Len hopes to do two subject to carer relief)

                    We need to settle soon for Liz’s approval to meet bulletin press date

                    Sat Oct 19 HW Chichester Bar 12.19.BST Launch Bedhampton Quay (Langstone Harbour) 10.30 for

                    Sinah Warren/Langstone entrance (pub and café) and/or Eastney. Host David Sumner

                    Sat Nov 16 LW Chichester Bar 10.25. Launch Itchenor 10.30 for East Head etc, return with flood. Host

                    Len Wingfield

                    Sat Dec 28 HW Chichester Bar 07.20 . Launch Itchenor 10.30 for Sandy Point (Hayling Island) Host Cliff Martin?

                    Sat Jan 26 HW Chichester Bar 12.18. Launch Itchenor 11.00 for Prinstead café Host David Sumner?

                    Sat Dec 7 HW Southampton 13.48-15.38. Launch Warsash 10.30 or Swanwick 11.45 for Curbridge

                    (Upper Hamble River) return on second ebb. Host Alan Moulton

                    Sat Feb ? Date to suit South Coast Winter Meet. Launch Bedhampton or Emsworth Warblington Road,

                    details when date is known. .Host Len Wingfield

                    Sat Mar? Date to be confirmed HW Portsmouth ?. Launch Hardway (near Gosport) 11.00 for lunch at

                    Fareham, possibly returning via Porchester if conditions allow. Or launch Fareham on ebb,

                    returning on flood (Subject to further information on Fareham launch site hours). Host Alan Moulton

                  • stevebradwell@btinternet.com
                    Message 9 of 26 , Aug 7, 2013
                      Len,

                      Let me know if there are any dates not covered. I may be able to help if I'm not working.

                      Steve.

                      Message 10 of 26 , Aug 8, 2013
                        Thanks Steve, cheers,  Len

                        Message 11 of 26 , Aug 27, 2014
                          Latest draft enclosed for approval. Will volunteers please check and speak now or forever hold thy peace.

                          By copy to Liz, my apologies, I have got two daysails for February, but suggest that we leave as is. Anyway what exactly is the harm of offering two daysails per month? Members do not attend unless they want to!

                          Regards, Len

                          2014-15 WINTER DAYSAILS SUGGESTIONS Revision 4

                          Nov 8 HW S’ton 11.40 Launch Warsash 10.30 for Calshott then Ashlett Creek

                          (second HW 13.40) Contact member Len Wingfield

                          Nov 22 HW Chi 10.54 Launch Itchenor 10.30 for East Head etc return on flood.

                          (LW 16.16) Contact member Steve Bradwell

                          Dec 13 HW Chi 15.40 Launch Bedhampton 10.30 for Sinah etc or local sailing.

                          Contact member Len Wingfield

                          Dec 27 HW Chi 15.22 Launch Itchenor 10.30 for Bosham and Dell Quay

                          Contact member Alan Moulton

                          Jan 10 HW S’ton 14.01 Launch Warsash (or Swanwick) 10.30 for Curbridge etc,

                          return with ebb. Contact member David Sumner

                          Feb 7 HW Chi 13.28 Launch Itchenor 10.30 for Prinstead Café.

                          Contact member Alan Moulton

                          Feb? Winter Meet daysail from Bedhampton or Emsworth according to tides

                          Mar ? HW S’ton 11.35 GMT Southampton St Denys (Gavin’s quay, water from

                          10.30 to 14.30). Northam Bridge 9.2 m above datum, 4,2m

                          clearance above highest tides.

                        • Elizabeth Baker
                          Message 12 of 26 , Sep 1, 2014
                            For attn. of Len.

                            I have now had a chance to look at your suggested programme.  I don't like the tide times for the November rallies. For Sat 8th, with HW 11.40, you will be struggling to get back to Warsash against a strong spring ebb. I would have thought 1st or 15th Nov with HW at 17.50 or 17.11 respectively would be better, as you would then have the flood tide to help you back. The fact that HW on those dates is after dark doesn't matter, as you don't need to wait for HW to pack-up.

                            Similarly for Sat 22nd from Itchenor, but as Steve is down to host that one he is presumably happy with the tides.  To "return on the flood", however, will mean packing-up after dark in November, when it is also likely to be cold.

                            Liz

                            Message 13 of 26 , Sep 1, 2014
                              Personally I'm OK with the tides for 22 Nov Len.

                              Steve
                              Message 14 of 26 , Aug 27, 2015

                                WINTER DAYSAILS 2015/6

                                Please check tides, phone numbers, all details.

                                Usual preamble plus ‘ [c] = Discreet overnight camping ashore possible for small tents, but no facilities.’

                                Sat 17 October HW P’mth 14.35.

                                Launch Warsash for Ashlett Creek (Southampton Water) Overnight

                                option © Host David Sumner Tel 01403 730152 or 07818801657

                                Sat 7 November HW P’mth 20.46.

                                Dell Quay rally (Chichester Harbour)

                                Host Cliff Martin Tel 01420 476608 or 07724 108672

                                Sat 28 Nov, HW Chi 12.40.

                                Launch Gosport Hardway 10.00 for Portsmouth Harbour sailing. Host Alan

                                Moulton Tel :01243 573252 or 07818 086051.

                                Sat 12 Dec, HW Chi 11.45.

                                Launch Bedhampton (Langstone Harbour) 10.00 for Sinah etc or local sailing.

                                Host Len Wingfield Tel: 01483 563422 or 077486 70155.

                                Mon 28 Dec, HW Chi 13.07.

                                Launch Itchenor 10.30 for Prinstead café (Thorney Channel). Host David

                                Sumner Tel: 01403 730152 or 07818 801657.

                                Sat 16 Jan, HW S’ton 15.29.

                                Launch Warsash 11.00 for Calshott’s cove then Ashlett Creek. Host Len

                                Wingfield Tel. 01483 563422 or 077486 70155.

                                Sat 30 Jan, HW Chi 16.10.

                                Launch Itchenor 10.30 for East Head etc Host David Sumner. Tel: 01403

                                730152 or 07818 801657.

                                Sat 13 Feb, HW Chi 14.42.

                                Launch Itchenor 1030 for Bosham and Dell Quay. Host Steve Bradwell.

                                Tel: 02392 553316 or 07598 388339.

                                Sat 27 Feb, HW S’ton 13.37.

                                Launch Warsash 10.30 (or Swanwick 11.15) for Curbridge etc. Return

                                with ebb. Host David Sumner. Tel: 01403 730152 or 07818 801657.

                                Sat 12 Mar, HW S’ton 13.15.

                                Launch Warsash for Eling. Host Chris Nockolds Tel: 07964 752122.

                                Sat 26 Mar, HW Chi appr.13.10

                                Folly Island picnic. Launch Emsworth 10.30 (or wherever) Host Alan

                                Moulton. Tel: 01243 573252 or

                                07818 086051.
                                Message 15 of 26 , Aug 31, 2015
                                  Alterations should be self explanatory. Advance copy to Keith just in case. Len W

                                  WINTER DAYSAILS 2015/6

                                  Please check tides, phone numbers, all details.

                                  Alterations have been made

                                  Usual preamble plus ‘ [c] = Discreet overnight camping ashore possible for small tents, but no facilities.’

                                  Sat 17 October HW P’mth 14.35.

                                  Launch Warsash for Ashlett Creek (Southampton Water) Overnight

                                  option © Host David Sumner Tel 01403 730152 or 07818801657

                                  Sat 7 November HW P’mth 20.46.

                                  Dell Quay rally (Chichester Harbour)

                                  Host Cliff Martin Tel 01420 476608 or 07724 108672

                                  Sat 28 Nov, HW Chi 12.40.

                                  Launch Gosport Hardway 10.00 for sailing in Portsmouth Harbour. Host Alan

                                  Moulton Tel :01243 573252 or 07818 086051.

                                  Sat 12 Dec, HW Chi 11.45.

                                  Launch Bedhampton (Langstone Harbour) 10.00 for Sinah etc or local sailing.

                                  Host Len Wingfield Tel: 01483 563422 or 077486 70155.

                                  Mon 28 Dec, HW Chi 13.07.

                                  Launch Itchenor 10.30 for Prinstead café (Thorney Channel). Host David

                                  Sumner Tel: 01403 730152 or 07818 801657.

                                  Sat 16 Jan, HW S’ton 15.29.

                                  Launch Warsash 11.00 for Calshott’s cove then Ashlett Creek. Host Len

                                  Wingfield Tel. 01483 563422 or 077486 70155.

                                  Sat 30 Jan, HW Chi 16.10.

                                  Launch Itchenor 10.30 for East Head etc Host David Sumner. Tel: 01403

                                  730152 or 07818 801657.

                                  Sat 13 Feb, HW Chi 14.42.

                                  Launch Itchenor 1030 for Bosham and Dell Quay. Host Steve Bradwell.

                                  Tel: 02392 553316 or 07598 388339.

                                  Sat 27 Feb, HW S’ton 13.37.

                                  Launch Warsash 10.30 (or Swanwick 11.15) for upper Hamble, Curbridge

                                  etc. Return with ebb. Host David Sumner. Tel: 01403 730152 or 07818 801657.

                                  Sat 12 Mar, ..HW S’ton 13.15.

                                  Launch Warsash 10.30 for Eling. Host Chris Nockolds Tel: 07964

                                  752122.

                                  Sat 26 Mar, HW Chi 13.10.

                                  Folly Island picnic. Launch Emsworth Warblington Road 11.00 (or

                                  wherever). Fowley island is accessible only + - 2hrs HW. Host Alan Moulton. Tel: 01243 573252 or

                                  07818 086051.

                                • Elizabeth Baker
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Aug 31, 2015
                                    Thanks Len. Will check when ink for my printer arrives, so I can print-out and read a hard copy. Have difficulty checking anything on the VDU, as I need to work with a pencil in my hand.
                                    Liz

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Sep 3, 2015

                                      Hi Len,

                                      Apologies for slow response, but I think (I hope) you mean Fowley Island on 26th March. Regards, Alan

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Sep 4, 2015
                                        Thank you Alan. Liz I expect you have noticed this one! Len

                                        Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 8:25 PM

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Sep 4, 2015
                                          Yes Len, I've put it right.
                                          Liz

                                          Thank you Alan. Liz I expect you have noticed this one! Len

                                          Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 8:25 PM

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Sep 13, 2016
                                            By copy to Keith, I am doing my best to get the SC daysail list ready for approval, but I didnt get my bulletin until the 8th. Of course I know it cant be helped, you have problems with the printers.

                                            Thankyou very much Chris Partridge and the others for volunteering as hosts. We now have just the four daysails needing volunteers to host them:

                                            26 Nov launching Bedhampton
                                            14 Jan launching Emsworth
                                            28 Jan launching Warsash
                                            25 Feb launching Itchenor

                                            Many thanks also Phil Oxborrow for the Southampton tides.

                                            From the latest New Members List it seems that all have e-mail addresses. Do all existing members?

                                            Len
                                          • Keith Muscott
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Sep 17, 2016
                                              Len,

                                              The succesion of machine failures and other minor catastrophes at the printers made a mockery of the date for receipt of material I put in DC231 for DC232. Don't fret about it, I realise that it no longer makes sense, owing to the delay. Much more serious was the fact that I had to miss the Ullswater Rally in order to deliver the copies to the postal company at just the time when I should have been driving north ...

                                              The last two names on the New Members list have email addresses but not phone numbers because their details arrived late in the day and they had to be squeezed in at the bottom of the page. I'll probably repeat their entries again, more fully – unless we get another bumper crop of 32.

                                              Keith

                                              Message 22 of 26 , 17 Oct 04:23
                                                The proposed programme as previously published commences with Eling on 29 Oct hosted by David Sumner, and continues to 18 Mar hosted by Jamie Scott (sorry I have mislaid your telephone number Jamie) and then 8 April Warsash to Ashlett Creek which as no one has volunteered for I will host. This programme has not yet been formally checked and approved (I usually make mistakes!) but I presume will be confirmed on dinghysolent.

                                                Over to Liz.     Regards to all, Len Wingfield
                                              • jimbobtom
                                                Message 23 of 26 , 17 Oct 10:34
                                                  Yes please confirm them all, I have not seen the list, but I am very interested in the winter day sails, Ealing is most definitely possible.
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , 9 Sep
                                                    What is happening please? We are way past the bulletin deadline. I have some time ago suggested dates and made changes to meet member’s points. I am only an ordinary member, it is for Liz and/or the S.C. membership to approve for publication. What we can get into the bulletin at this stage I do not know. At least we need a reference to dinghysolent announcements.

                                                    Perplexed of Guildford. (Len W)
                                                  • Elizabeth Baker
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , 10 Sep
                                                      I too am perplexed. Some time ago I submitted suggested amendments to Len's draft winter day-sail programme, based on what I considered to be days with better tide times. Len disagreed with most of my suggestions, but I we would welcome comments from other members, and also offers to host day-sails. If you would like to host a day-sail but don't like Len's tide times, please suggest an alternative date. Otherwise I will be committed to sending-in Len's programme as-is.
                                                      Liz

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , 10 Sep
                                                        Hi Liz & len,

                                                        I can't find the latest suggested schedule for Winter Daysails on the forum. If you could point me in the right direction I would be happy to volunteer to Host at least a couple of them, Alan