East Head Saturday 22 nd

  • Chris Partridge
    Message 1 of 180 , 17 Apr
      Who is organising this now? As one of the volunteers to take over from Cliff, can I start the planning process by pointing out that the scheduled launch time at Warblington Road (11.00) is two hours after high water (08.50) so we really should put in well before that.
      Last time I launched there I left it to the last minute and got stuck on the mud. To avoid having to sit in the boat all day 20 yards from the path where many people who know me go cycling, I had to get my legs over the gunwale and push myself off. Not a good look, and the inside of the boat was covered in mud all day.
      Also, the next high water is 21.34 so participants should not plan on getting away much before 19.30. Sunset is at 20.10.
      The forecast at the moment is nice- some sun and F 4/5 breezes.

      Chris Partridge
      Office: +44 1243 574850
      Mobile: +44 7777 663551
      The Globe House
      Fishbourne
      West Sussex PO18 8AR
      Message 180 of 180 , 25 May
        Thanks Phil. So I succeeded in my hope of briefly contacting members able to attend Newtown rally! Len

        Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:50 PM
        Subject: Re:: Re: : Re: [dinghysolent] Re: Newtown Harbour Rally

        >  Hard wet

        struggle reefed mainsail only from Dell quay to EAST head. Few other boats sailing, In the morning heavily reefed WAYF,

        That was me Len! I launched on Friday evening & sailed down to East Head for the night, with the intention of getting an early start on Saturday. Up at dawn but looked at the Inshore Waters and saw 'occasionally F6 for a time later' and thought better of trying to get to Newtown creek despite it being a beautiful morning. Had a cracking sail around Chichester harbour on Saturday, passed Len going in the other direction as I headed up to Dell Quay. Pottered around on Sunday, up towards Emsworth, attended to a few of those things that needed doing, & then lifted out on Sunday evening. Lovely weekend, & rather more relaxing than it might have been, so a sensible decision I think.

        Phil.