Cobnor Fortnight reminder

  • buoyantlizb
    Message 1 of 9 , 7 Aug
      I have just up-loaded the Cobnor Fortnight information document into the Files section.

      Just to remind you all, the event runs from Sat 19th to Thurs 31st Aug 2017. It's not essential to book, but it does help me allocate camping spaces if I know who to expect. Also, if you have been a regular attender but are not coming this year, it would also be useful to know.

      Hope to see you soon. Liz

    • Chris Partridge
      Message 2 of 9 , 7 Aug
        I'm afraid that is the situation in a nutshell. Atleast it is free. The road is a lot less crowded during the week. At weekends, get there before the pub opens.
        Message 3 of 9 , 8 Aug
          Yes, Dell Quay was very crowded on a fine Sunday and high water for sailing but I still found a space on the road. Being incapable of reversing with a trailer I prefer not to arrive at high water so as to have room to turn on the hard. All our launching sites have parking problems at peak times, even Cobnor. Len

          Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:16 AM
          Subject: [dinghysolent] Re: Cobnor Fortnight reminder

          I'm afraid that is the situation in a nutshell. Atleast it is free. The road is a lot less crowded during the week. At weekends, get there before the pub opens.

        • Elizabeth Baker
          Message 4 of 9 , 8 Aug
            To what are you referring Chris? Regrettably Cobnor Week is not free.
            Liz

            Message 5 of 9 , 8 Aug
              As I have frequently requested in the past, please CHANGE THE HEADER if you are changing the subject, otherwise we get confused. Chris Partridge's recent post seems to be indicating that Cobnor fortnight is free, which it is not. He was actually replying to a post about Dell Quay.
              Liz

              Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:16 AM

              I'm afraid that is the situation in a nutshell. Atleast it is free. The road is a lot less crowded during the week. At weekends, get there before the pub opens.

            • curlew5878
              Message 6 of 9 , 8 Aug
                Hi Liz
                I am sorry but don't think I will be able to get there again this year, Liz, but hope I might see friends on the water if I can get afloat.
                Good sailing
                david
              • Elizabeth Baker
                Message 7 of 9 , 8 Aug
                  Thanks for letting me know David, although I wasn't expecting you as I know you don't particularly like Cobnor, and I don't think it's just because of Jill.
                  Liz

                  Message 8 of 9 , 13 Aug
                    Dear Liz,
                    A massive thank you for organising Cobnor again. I hope you get some great sailing yourself too this year.
                    I hope to see you all over the bank holiday weekend.  But if I can sneak down earlier in the week, I will.
                    best wishes,
                    Joe

                  • Elizabeth Baker
                    Message 9 of 9 , 14 Aug
                      Hello Jo,
                      Good to see you will be paying another visit to Cobnor this year. Looking forward to seeing you again. Info document can be found in the Files section.