Thursday

    Message 1 of 7 , 31 Aug
      Very eventful. Drove home very carefully, deep breathing etc, am OK. many thanks for all the help.  Len
      Message 2 of 7 , 31 Aug
        Got home safely, many, many thanks. Len
      • philoxuk
        Message 3 of 7 , 31 Aug
          Hi Len,

          That's good to hear. And you're welcome - any excuse to put the kettle on ;-)

          Cheers,

          Phil.
        • cee.dubs
          Message 4 of 7 , 1 Sep

            I knew you had set out on the Hayling Challenge, Len

            Have I missed something uploaded?

            What went wrong?

            CW

            Message 5 of 7 , 1 Sep
              Briefly, I became a little unwell, then capsized the boat, righted it easily but it had flooded over the CB case and I couldnt bail fast enough or tilt it out. It has always been OK in practice capsizes and could sail flooded. Chap in yacht bailed it faster than it flooded in. Magnificent. Reefed and sailed back OK , Challenge completed. Was cold and wet for about 3 hours. Thought forward tank had flooded but seems OK despite ancient and outmoded covers. Worrying!

              Cheers Len

              Message 6 of 7 , 1 Sep
                I hope you are OK, Len. Was it the Gull? Well done to complete the challenge.
                I had rubber seals made from an inner tube at the top of my centrecase until recently and I think I might put them back.  David
              • cee.dubs
                Message 7 of 7 , 2 Sep

                  Sounds like an entire adventure to me, Len

                  I reckon you've cornered my vote for the Hayling Challenge Cup

                  Glad to hear you made it round and back and home

                  Hope you're better today

                  Chris W