a more suitable boat

    Message 1 of 48 , 8 Sep
      I clearly need a more suitable boat. A simpler rig (Bmu or lug), lighter(than the overweight Gull) for manhandling, a bit better on initial stability, grippable gunwales and centreboard not daggerboard (I have capsized by catching the daggerboard when tacking, and similarly with an accidentally locked centreboard. It would need to be at least 11 feet overall, and reasonably good to windward.

      Does such a boat exist?

      Len

    • cee.dubs
      Message 48 of 48 , 19 Sep

        Hallo Gerald

        I know Southend; my Dear Old Dad was brought up and learned to sail at Leigh on Sea.  I agree its a tad far for hands on and if you haven't built anything before and have limited space, then a tender is a better bet.

        I've just been back into the Cobnor album and adjusted the photograph of your Dabber, with Microsoft Office Picture Manager.  I thought the rotate facility messed-up the focus, but I had forgotten it is only that it doesn't bother to sharpen up the edges until you've completed the action.  Then it needs cropping to trim back to upright; unless you like the idea of snaps appearing to be haphazardly pinned to a notice board....

        All's well

        Etc.

        Chris W