Boxing Day

  • cee.dubs
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 22, 2017

      Boxing day is looking jolly

      Jolly windy and marvellously moist.  Keep an eye for the moment of course, but are we sure we wouldn't prefer a trip down to East Head on Saturday (30th).  Or alternatively a Bosham/Dell Quay outing postponed 'til the sixth of January?  Unless my drink sozzled eyes are deceiving me, the tides each way would suit those dates.

      Chris W

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 22, 2017
        Have had computer problems Chris so only just read your message. Would be happy to postpone till 30th if forecast is bad. I have previously used the marina forecasts but my last two were wildly out. Which do you use?  Len

        Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 7:55 PM
        Subject: [dinghysolent] Boxing Day

        Boxing day is looking jolly

        Jolly windy and marvellously moist.  Keep an eye for the moment of course, but are we sure we wouldn't prefer a trip down to East Head on Saturday (30th).  Or alternatively a Bosham/Dell Quay outing postponed 'til the sixth of January?  Unless my drink sozzled eyes are deceiving me, the tides each way would suit those dates.

        Chris W

      • curlew5878
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 23, 2017
          Len
          I use XC Weather at the following link:

          http://xcweather.co.uk/forecast/portsmouth

          27 Dec seems dry but probably too windy.
          I cannot get my boat repaired in these wet conditions.
          Good sailing
          David
        • cee.dubs
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 23, 2017

            I also use XC weather

            It looks as if the front coming over the North is drifting South and bringing wind and rain with it.

            Quite when it will cross Chichester Harbour remains to be seen, but XC seems to be aiming for around Boxing day, so an alternative may have to be chosen, yes?

            Chris W

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 23, 2017
              Yes, it does look as though we will have to postpone the daysail till Saturday.

              My mobile was swamped within its Aquapac during the capsize. A simple closure bag might have done better.

              New mobile No 07592 198 626.

              Regards, Len

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 23, 2017
                Hi Len
                Have you given up on your VHF? It is waterproof and is the recommended way of communicating in an emergency.
                Regarding Aqua Packs I have found they do not last for ever and it is a good idea to test them at home occasionally.
                David