Re: [Doberman Europe Club] tavey

  • Philip Kilpatrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2005
      Hi Adele,
      Hope this is some help.
      The kennel name "Tavey" belonged to Fred and Julia Curnow, who where the first people to import the Doberman breed into the UK after the second world war. Its possible that the kennel name was Annistock, (kennel names usually only consist of one name). According to my research, there was a dog called Annastock Moonraker, owned by Bryan Pole,but from what I can gather, this was in the late `50s-early`60s. However, you may find it difficult to get a Dobe now with strong Tavey lineage. I recently tried to do exactly the same as you, and to put it mildly, my head hurt more than the wall!! I`m on my fourth Dobe now, and wanted to continue the Tavey lineage, but unless the kennel is still going, and dogs are being bred there, then you won`t find the name.
      The only thing you can do, or at least I done, was to look at other dogs pedigrees, and then see if there is any connection with the Tavey kennel. My first dog, for example had Otto of Knockarea (sire) & Mundy Dobe (dam) but if you go back to the gt.gt.gt.grandparents you will find Iceberg of Tavey, Sequin of Tavey, Nuance of Tavey.
      Although the name Tavey may not be in the pedigree, thats not to say that the dog or bitch you are looking at does not have Tavey blood.
      If you are looking at a dog(s) now with a view to purchase, note the Sire and Dam name, and come back to me and I will see if I can trace anything for you.
      Your`e welcome to e-mail me if you wish
      philip@...