Can you help with 6BZ6 (=6JH6)

  • g0eyo
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
      Hi all

      I am trying to bring an old receiver back to life (not Eddystone I'm afraid) and wondered if anyone had a 6BZ6 in the junk box I could try out as a replacement.

      Thanks

      Chris G0EYO
    • Simon Robinson
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009

        Hi Chris

        I might have if you’re stuck.

        Simon

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
          Hi Chris

          I think these are a bit hard to find outside the US - sounds like a
          Drake 2B receiver or similar. I was able to get one from the US quite
          reasonably a couple of years ago.

          Simon
        • Military1944@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
            In a message dated 07/10/2009 10:58:41 GMT Daylight Time, g0eyo@... writes:
            Hi all

            I am trying to bring an old receiver back to life (not Eddystone I'm afraid) and wondered if anyone had a 6BZ6 in the junk box I could try out as a replacement.

            Thanks

            Chris G0EYO
            -------------------------

            Sorry Chris. My valve database said I had 4 but loooking in that bin I can't find even one. I can't believe I used 4 so either my bin number is wrong or my stock count was out!
            I'll keep looking.

            Anyway, if you flag yourself as 'stuck' you have the offer of one now.

            cheers, Ben G4BXD.
          • g0eyo
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
              Thanks Ben for looking and Simon for offer and Simon also for the advice. Roger G4BZI has a spare he is going to send me it.

              Best wishes

              Chris G0EYO

              --- In eddystone_radio_users@..., Military1944@... wrote:

              > g0eyo@... writes:
              >
              > Hi all
              >
              > I am trying to bring an old receiver back to life (not Eddystone I'm
              > afraid) and wondered if anyone had a 6BZ6 in the junk box I could try out as a
              > replacement.
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Chris G0EYO
              >

              > -------------------------
              >
              > Sorry Chris. My valve database said I had 4 but loooking in that bin I
              > can't find even one. I can't believe I used 4 so either my bin number is wrong
              > or my stock count was out!
              > I'll keep looking.
              >
              > Anyway, if you flag yourself as 'stuck' you have the offer of one now.
              >
              > cheers, Ben G4BXD.

            • g0eyo
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
                I managed to get an RF signal through the 1st and second mixer and also replaced the 1st mixer valve. Problem must be at the RF amp Stage, I will try and replacement valve and if that doesnt do it I will have to start checking out the coupling capacitors and bias resistors etc. I will get there in the end, and thanks for your previous advice, it was much appreciated. The calibrator circuit (25KhZ and 100kHz) doesnt seem to be giving an output so I will have to check that out also.

                REgards

                Chris