Have Eddystone S902 MKII- what is it for?

  • gwildavies@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , 1 Apr 04:25
      Dear all,
      I have an Eddystone 'S902 MKII', but was wondering what it is?
      It's a device in a nice wooden box about 60x60x200 mm with a switch for either MOD. or ON, a TUNING knob which moves a tuner in megacycles, a SENSITIVITY turn switch, and two large headphone sockets.
      Could anybody tell me what it is, and whether I can use it?

      best wishes,

      Gwil
    • Charlie Ivermee
      Message 2 of 4 , 1 Apr 05:17
        gwildavies@... wrote:
        > Dear all,
        > I have an Eddystone 'S902 MKII', but was wondering what it is?

        Gwil,

        It's a "versatile transistorised instrument
        which functions as a dip oscillator,
        signal generator, absorption wavemeter,
        AF tone generator and AM modulation
        monitor."

        Apparently the wooden boxed version is quite rare and cost £27 10s in 1969.
        See http://www.eddystoneusergroup.org.uk/QRG/PostwarModels.pdf page 30.

        Charlie

        --
        M0WYM
        www.radiowymsey.org

        Sales @ radiowymsey
        http://shop.ebay.co.uk/gnome7763/m.html?
      • Jeremy Towers

          Message 4 of 4 , 2 Apr 13:47

            Hello Gwil,

            The Eddystone 902 is an 'Edometer' test instrument.
            It functions as a dip oscillator, signal generator, absorption wavemeter AF tone generator and AM Modulation monitor.

            They are fashionable collectors' items and in good working order fetch 3 figures on e-bay.

            Cheers, Graeme  G3GGL.