Re: Favourite lyrics??

  • mk1cortina1500gt
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2006

      This thread could be interesting Neil,

      My favourite lyrics are from Parlez vous English, Waiting for you

      Old lady in a supermarket steals a dozen eggs

      She's whole she's a good soul

      She doesn't do  it in her heart

      But in her head and after it

      She wishes she were dead.

      This is just a start, there are so many, I will post some more, but those lines just makes me realise how much of  a struggle life is  for some people.

      Larry

    • steve boyle
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2006

        So many great lyrics - that's why we luv them, isn't it ? Here's a few of my favourites from random songs.

        'What if the babies went on strike for a better life to be born in'

        'Here's a bit of truth/ Charlie came out last night/ Doesn't give a damn for me or you /Doesn't care much for life'

        'The air was thick like honey'

        There are just too many.......how about 'Out Demons Out' that always does it for me !

        A difficult poll to organise, Neil but you know you can do it !!! It'll be great.

        Cheers,

        Steve

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 27, 2006
          VERY TRUE, SO MANY!!!

          "They're beating up a prisoner in the midst of his surprise" or:

          "Who is the man who is sincere,
          yet can't have love for him called queer"

          both from the original Homes fit for Heroes

          or from the updated version of the same song:

          "Up there at the Rover they were too afraid to strike!"