to celebrate

  • phil burford
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
      the new year -I have just put up a nice framed black and white Edgar
      Broughton poster from the 1970s in the downstairs loo

      That should scare any visitors !

      Now how about a gig at the Royal Spa Centre ,Leamington Spa on the new
      tour for old times sake -we still have a few freaks left round here

      peace
      Phil
    • phillip833238
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
        --- In edgarbroughtonband@..., "phil burford" <phil1@...>
        wrote:

        > Now how about a gig at the Royal Spa Centre ,Leamington Spa on the
        new
        > tour for old times sake -we still have a few freaks left round here
        >
        > peace
        > Phil

        I mentioned this to the guys when I met them backstage at the Bilston
        gig back in March. The feeling was that the Royal Spa Centre is too
        formal a venue for the band (people sat down politely in rows etc, not
        really EBB is it? lol)and I have to agree. If somebody knows of a
        suitable venue in the Leam or Warwick area, it might be worth
        suggesting it to the record company and see what, if anything, comes of
        it. I have racked my brains and can't think of anywhere. There is
        Kelly's in Court St, Leamington, but I think it would be too small.
        Ideally you would want somewhere like the General Wolfe in Foleshill,
        Coventry, which would be a perfect venue. But gigging in Cov isn't
        really a homecoming gig, is it? If we want a homecoming gig it really
        needs to be within the Leam/Warick environs.

        If anyone has any ideas, suggest it to Eclectic and see what happens.
        There's nothing to lose in my opinion.

        Phil Robb.
      • phil burford
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
          over the last couple of years-they have had a few "rock" nights at
          the Spa Cente including "The Hamsters" "John Otway" etc which have
          gone pretty well.

          Also I'm in my 50s and my health is not good-so I need to sit down
          but I would not be polite !

          peace
          Phil

          --- In edgarbroughtonband@..., "phillip833238"
          <philrobb@...> wrote:

          > --- In edgarbroughtonband@..., "phil burford"
          <phil1@>

          > I mentioned this to the guys when I met them backstage at the
          Bilston
          > gig back in March. The feeling was that the Royal Spa Centre is too
          > formal a venue for the band (people sat down politely in rows etc,
          not
          > really EBB is it? lol)and I have to agree. If somebody knows of a
          > suitable venue in the Leam or Warwick area, it might be worth
          > suggesting it to the record company and see what, if anything,
          comes of
          > it. I have racked my brains and can't think of anywhere. There is
          > Kelly's in Court St, Leamington, but I think it would be too small.
          > Ideally you would want somewhere like the General Wolfe in
          Foleshill,
          > Coventry, which would be a perfect venue. But gigging in Cov isn't
          > really a homecoming gig, is it? If we want a homecoming gig it
          really
          > needs to be within the Leam/Warick environs.
          >
          > If anyone has any ideas, suggest it to Eclectic and see what
          happens.
          > There's nothing to lose in my opinion.
          >
          > Phil Robb.

        • phillip833238
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
            wrote:

            > over the last couple of years-they have had a few "rock" nights at
            > the Spa Cente including "The Hamsters" "John Otway" etc which have
            > gone pretty well.
            >
            > Also I'm in my 50s and my health is not good-so I need to sit down
            > but I would not be polite !
            >
            > peace
            > Phil

            Well, you could make the suggestion to eclectic? As I say, there's
            nothing to lose and something might come of it.

            Happy new year,

            Phil
          • STEPHEN DENNEHY
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
              hi guys   THIS IS STEVE DENNEHY HERE....MAYBE THE WARWICK UNIVERSITY VENUE COULD BE REGARDED AS "HOME " GIG.....

              phillip833238 <philrobb@...> wrote:
              --- In edgarbroughtonband@ yahoogroups. co.uk, "phil burford" <phil1@...>

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
                  It's a "Big O" poster -Edgar Broughton by Robert Ellis.

                  Early 1970s

                  Head,shoulders,screaming face and hair ..lots and lots of hair
                  and guitar

                  cheers
                  Phil

                  ps it replaced a Colosseum -Bronze records promo poster

                  --- In edgarbroughtonband@..., STEPHEN DENNEHY
                  <abbotts.barn@...> wrote:

                  > I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A POSTER FOR AGES....ANY CLUES ?
                  >
                  > phil burford <phil1@...> wrote: the new year -I have just
                  put up a nice framed black and white Edgar
                  > Broughton poster from the 1970s in the downstairs loo
                  >
                  > That should scare any visitors !
                  >
                  > Now how about a gig at the Royal Spa Centre ,Leamington Spa on the
                  new
                  > tour for old times sake -we still have a few freaks left round here
                  >
                  > peace
                  > Phil

                  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

                • phil burford
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
                    I did e-mail Eclectic and tried to make a case for the Spa Centre-
                    have not had a reply

                    Fairport Convention have just been booked at the Spa Centre

                    cheers
                    Phil