Re: [edgarbroughtonband] Re: EBB Live on the BBC

  • PHILLIP ROBB
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2007

      You are absolutely correct!..............in fact, Bowie at the time was slapped on the wrist a bit by the BBC for slipping up on the Simon Bates Radio 1 show for saying (obviously accidentally) that he would 'rather eat my own sh*t than sing that bloody song' although he did apologise the minute he realised he had sworn! lol

      I caught the Milton Keynes Bowl show for that tour. His main support band that night were the amazing The Men They Couldn't Hang and true to form, they duly performed the song on his behalf, albeit very briefly.

      So what chance do you think we would have of convincing Rob and the gang to perform Dawn Crept Away? Now that would be an experience!! Another one they really need to consider bringing back is 'It's Not You' including the full rant in the middle!

      Phil.