Hypernumbers (London User Group Talk, UK)

  • Erlang Solutions
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010
      After the Christmas and New Year's break, we would like to invite you to our first London Erlang User Group meeting in 2010. This will take place on Tuesday, 19th January 2010 at 18:30 in the Erlang Solutions (formerly Erlang Training and Consulting) meeting room on the 3rd floor of the London Fruit and Wool Exchange in Brushfield street. For directions, visit our Contact page.

      The meeting will be dedicated to Hypernumbers with their CEO/CTO Gordon Guthrie as Speaker.

      The meeting will be followed by beer, softdrinks and snacks. Admission is free but advance registration is required. Registration allows us to plan refreshments, provide the building entrance desk with a list of names and to ensure we have enough space. Register soon, as places are limited!

      Abstract:
      Hypernumbers is in the business of end-user computing on the web - providing the toolset for ordinary, non-technical users to `programme the internet'. The programming interface ''ooks like a spreadsheet' and the programme is bound to a standard web front-end with an intuitive GUI-builder.

      Using it end users are able to:
      * come to a website
      * select a pre-built website template
      * provision it on a cloud-based server
      * customise it

      This talk will look at some of the technical details of how it is implemented.

      Biography
      Gordon Guthrie is the CEO/CTO of hypernumbers an early stage start-up. He has previously worked at senior positions in retail financial services, having been Chief Technical Architect at Intelligent Finance during its launch when it secured 10.4% of the UK retail mortgage market and IT Strategist at Direct Line Financial Services. He has also had senior positions in professional services, including BT Global Professional Services.