    18 Jun

      Thanks Ann. I know what you mean. I had to retire Ben from long walks but I think he knew he just couldn't manage them any more, especially in hot weather such as we've experienced. But he still enjoyed going out on shortish, largely flat walks and I'm sure Dylan will have many to look forward to. Extra hugs for older dogs !

      David

      On 18/06/2017 13:47, 'Roger and Ann Hiley' hiley105@... [fellwalkingclub] wrote:

      Thanks David, we love pour Scottish holidays, a stunning place to visit.

      Harry is better but the infection he had has really affected his arthritic joints.  His fell days are over now,  very short walks at the present time and plenty of R&R in home and garden looks like being the order of his days.

      His last walk (two weeks ago at Ennerdale) would appear to be his swansong, though you wouldn’t have known it at the time. We just find it so strange with just one dog to walk with, the three of us really miss his happy and quiet presence. He is quietly contented at home and yesterday, as we had an early morning appointment in Lancaster, he stayed with our friend Joan who lives across the fields from us. He had a lovely day whilst we walked south west of the lakes at Arnside on our way home.

      A sunny and very pleasant day for walking yesterday. Today is definitely too hot for the tops, or anywhere except the garden at the moment !

      Ann

      Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2017 11:30 PM
      Subject: Re: Online Fellwalking Club - The O.F.C. Loweswatercam on Location - 7 - Waterfalls and home

      Hi both - just caught up with the photos from your latest Scottish adventure. Always good to look at photos from such a lovely part of the world. You choose a great place to stay.

      Trust that Harry is now much better.

      A lovely day today but far too hot to be on the tops.

      David

      On 06/06/2017 19:07, 'Roger and Ann Hiley' hiley105@... [fellwalkingclub] wrote:

      Hi All,

      It is always sad to leave your holiday accommodation on a nice day, but it has been a good week and there's some lovely views to enjoy on our way south. We say goodbye to Achiltibuie and head home.

      Along the way we visit the Falls of Measach and stop of for a night at Ballachulish.

      Do join us for the final leg of our Scottish holiday.

      Cheers,

      Roger and Ann

      Email: hiley105@...
      Website: www.loweswatercam.co.uk