      We have signed the petition against the zip wire so will back it up with a letter.
      On a less serious note thanks for solving the mystery of the restaurant location on the A word.

      Clive..

      On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 at 16:54, 'Hiley105@...' hiley105@... [fellwalkingclub] <fellwalkingclub@...> wrote:

      Hi Clive and Julie,

      Thanks for looking, it is a quiet, peaceful place on that side of Thirlmere.  If you have any time this month to  drop a letter to the LDNPA stating your opinion that zip wires should be hidden and not across lakes as proposed, every letter of objection helps and is counted against the scheme. We’ve had a number of folk writing to say they are doing so, the important thing seems to be to put the  plan number and your own name /address on the letter.

      Ann

      Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 6:51 PM
      Subject: Re: Online Fellwalking Club - The O.F.C. Loweswatercam - The Thirlmere valley - 30th November

      Hi Ann and Roger

      Some lovely photos of the circle and from around Thirlmere.We are with you regarding the zip wire proposal,they belong in forests where they are well hidden.
      Seasons greetings to you all

      Clive and Julie..

      On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 at 18:13, 'Hiley105@...' hiley105@... [fellwalkingclub] <fellwalkingclub@...> wrote:

      Hi All,

      A trip over to Thirlmere on a day that started with sunshine and continued on in similar style . . . until we started our afternoon walk along the lakeside path at Thirlmere . . . then it clouded over !

      Still, the scenery was quiet, peaceful and beautiful ... but don't let yourself get complacent . . . there's a sting in the tail !

      Cheers,

      Roger

      Website: www.loweswatercam.co.uk

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic