Shutlingsloe

  • Angela
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 9, 2007
      Hi all

      Yesterday I headed towards the western edge of the Peak District and
      into an area that was mostly new to me, with the result that I saw even
      more hills that I will have to climb and moors that will mean a return
      so as that I can explore them further. It's always nice to find new
      places to explore.

      The pictures are at the usual place:
      http://www.peakwalker.net

      Tomorrow we are heading off to Win Hill for a 13 mile walk to get us a
      little fitter for our return to the Lakes next week.

      Angela
    • AEC Photography
      Message 2 of 7 , 20 Sep

        Hi all

        Yesterday after some fun trying to get to the car park I had a walk to Shutlingsloe. Some of the route may seem familiar as my route back to the car followed one Alan Kildruff did a few weeks ago.

        The photos from the walk can now be found on the website http://www.peakwalker.net/2017%20walks/2017-09-19.php

        Regards Angela

        www.peakwalker.net

      • AEC Photography
        Message 3 of 7 , 20 Sep

          Apologies to Alan I added an r to your surname.

          Angels

          Message 4 of 7 , 21 Sep
            Hi Angela,

            Two really lovely albums with some great open views. Stanage Edge was familiar, but not Shutlingsloe. I see your heather has ‘gone over’ too, it didn't seem to last quite as long this year. Probably something to do with the inclement weather of this month.

            Mustn’t grumble though , the sun is shining now and it is a perfect end to a horribly drizzly , claggy day. The forecast was right, it cleared up by three and apparently will be sunny till nine o’clock !

            Must look out out the window to see that phenomenon !

            All the best to John for his forthcoming operation.

            Ann

            Message 5 of 7 , 21 Sep
              Hi Ann

              Yes the heather has gone over, I thought it seemed a bit early as I’ve often had good shots of it after the schools have started back.

              Sunny until 9:00 tonight will be impressive.

              All the best

                Message 7 of 7 , 22 Sep
                  Glad you enjoyed them David. It's a favourite hill of mine, a real lung
                  buster for the final section.

                  Angela