Re: Hartsop Round

  • Maggie
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2012
      Hi Paul & Sian

      Bet your first full outing since your move felt good...I remember the feeling :o) A good selection of photos with the light and shadow, and some fine shots of Hayeswater. It certainly was windy on the tops that day.

      Maggie

      --- In fellwalkingclub@..., "paulbyrnep" <paul.r.byrne@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > Firstly thanks for all the good wishes in relation to our move to Cumbria. We hope to meet some of you on the fells and if anyone wants some company for a walk just drop us a line.
      >
      > Our first full outing since our move was on Monday. From the car park at Hartsop we took in The Knott, Rampsgill Head ,Kidsty Pike, High Street, Thornthwiate Crag and Grey Grag.Weather was cloudy but improved as the day went on. It was very windy on the tops.
      >
      > Photos at https://picasaweb.google.com/114655855821704964322/HartsopRound3042012
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Paul & Sian

    • Angela Espin
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2012
        Hi Paul & Sian,

        A great day for your first walk as residents of Cumbria.
        Sorry for not commenting on your move sooner but I have been away,
        although as you know I have been following the story of your move on
        Facebook.
        All the best for many happy years in your new home. It's in an area
        that we stayed in for the first time last year & really liked.

        Angie

        A good start to your new life in Cumbria. A great day out and some
        lovely photos.I’m sure will be seeing many more from you.

        Regards
        Sherran

        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2012
          Hi Paul,

          A good walk, I bet it felt as if you were on holiday up here ! It takes a while for it to sink in that you are not and that you are going 'home' after a walk.

          Lovely lighting on the fells, Monday was a good day for walking, lovely in sheltered sunny spots when you could find them !

          I do hope we shall join you for a walk in the near future, it would be good to meet you both.

          Cheers
          Ann

          --- In fellwalkingclub@..., "paulbyrnep" <paul.r.byrne@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > Firstly thanks for all the good wishes in relation to our move to Cumbria. We hope to meet some of you on the fells and if anyone wants some company for a walk just drop us a line.
          >
          > Our first full outing since our move was on Monday. From the car park at Hartsop we took in The Knott, Rampsgill Head ,Kidsty Pike, High Street, Thornthwiate Crag and Grey Grag.Weather was cloudy but improved as the day went on. It was very windy on the tops.
          >
          > Photos at https://picasaweb.google.com/114655855821704964322/HartsopRound3042012
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Paul & Sian

        • david leslie
          Message 4 of 6 , May 7, 2012
            Hi Paul and Sian,

            A lovely day to be out and about, hopefully you will have plenty more.

            Best wishes,

            Dave L