Re: Arnside & Silverdale AONB - A fantastic day on Arnside Knott & PP

  • John Paterson
    Message 1 of 7 , May 6, 2012
      Hi Dave,

      Excellent photographs of a great walk in a cracking walking area. Nice to see the early orchids and the Alpaca.

      John

      --- In fellwalkingclub@..., "KidstyPike" <djbrown1944@...> wrote:

      > Possibly one of our best walking days this year. A walk from Silverdale to the Knott via The Cove and Heathwaite where we saw the first orchids and cowslips of the year.
      > After soaking in some glorious views a return was made via Arnside Tower and the Pepper Pot in Eaves Wood.
      > A glorious day with beautiful views from start to finish the pictures are now available to view on the webpage for those wishing to do so.
      > Regards,
      > Dave
      >
      > http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

    • helmut_hudler2
      Message 2 of 7 , May 7, 2012
        Hi Dave,

        Excellent visiblity and lovely pictures - many of the views being familiar to me in the meantime, seems to be your absolute favourite place.
        Also good to see first orchids out - I´ve seen some over here a couple of days ago - a photograph on my website on most recent day report.

        Helmut

        --- In fellwalkingclub@..., "KidstyPike" <djbrown1944@...> wrote:

        > Possibly one of our best walking days this year. A walk from Silverdale to the Knott via The Cove and Heathwaite where we saw the first orchids and cowslips of the year.
        > After soaking in some glorious views a return was made via Arnside Tower and the Pepper Pot in Eaves Wood.
        > A glorious day with beautiful views from start to finish the pictures are now available to view on the webpage for those wishing to do so.
        > Regards,
        > Dave
        >
        > http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

      • Roger and Ann
        Message 3 of 7 , May 7, 2012
          Hi Dave,

          A stunning day for your favourite walk. On this occasion, the tranquility of the totally calm sea set the tone for your walk. It had all the signs and promises of Spring, the little lambs (loved the sleepy one at the end), the early orchids, the excellent close-up of the butterfly and the greening of the entire area. The Alpaca was a handsome creature too.

          Cheers
          Ann

          --- In fellwalkingclub@..., "KidstyPike" <djbrown1944@...> wrote:

          > Possibly one of our best walking days this year. A walk from Silverdale to the Knott via The Cove and Heathwaite where we saw the first orchids and cowslips of the year.
          > After soaking in some glorious views a return was made via Arnside Tower and the Pepper Pot in Eaves Wood.
          > A glorious day with beautiful views from start to finish the pictures are now available to view on the webpage for those wishing to do so.
          > Regards,
          > Dave
          >
          > http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

        • KidstyPike
          Message 4 of 7 , May 7, 2012
            Many thanks it was a really memorable day. We've had a few doing the same route that started with the bay being lit up with the clouds but on this occassion it lasted the whole walk. By now Heathwaite will be a mass of cowslips and orchids.
            Regards,
            Dave

            --- In fellwalkingclub@..., "Roger and Ann" <hiley105@...> wrote:

            > Hi Dave,
            >
            > A stunning day for your favourite walk. On this occasion, the tranquility of the totally calm sea set the tone for your walk. It had all the signs and promises of Spring, the little lambs (loved the sleepy one at the end), the early orchids, the excellent close-up of the butterfly and the greening of the entire area. The Alpaca was a handsome creature too.
            >
            > Cheers
            > Ann
            >
            > --- In fellwalkingclub@..., "KidstyPike" <djbrown1944@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Possibly one of our best walking days this year. A walk from Silverdale to the Knott via The Cove and Heathwaite where we saw the first orchids and cowslips of the year.
            > > After soaking in some glorious views a return was made via Arnside Tower and the Pepper Pot in Eaves Wood.
            > > A glorious day with beautiful views from start to finish the pictures are now available to view on the webpage for those wishing to do so.
            > > Regards,
            > > Dave
            > >
            > > http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

          • Sherran
            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2012
              Hi Dave

              That was a fabulous day out for you. I love walking along canals,the reflections were beautiful. A great album and some great pictures.

              Regards
              Sherran

              Message 6 of 7 , May 9, 2012
                Hi Dave

                Playing catch up and viewing your albums in reverse order.

                Another pleasant canal walk for you with some very cute images of all the ducklings.

                I'm pleased to say I don't need to visit Specsavers although it took the second picture before I worked out what you were on about.

                Regards
                Angela