Mam Tor replies

  • Angela
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2012
      Thanks to those who looked at and commented on the pictures from the Mam Tor walk this weekend.

      Lyn - Which route did you do? Even weirder when we were on Lord's Seat I wondered if you might be out enjoying the sunshine as well and if our paths would cross!

      Sherran - I do actually like Mam Tor it's just a place I would much rather visit during the week, out of the school holidays, when it acquires a totally different atmosphere to the one we experienced on Saturday. Think the difference between getting to the summit of Scafell Pike late in the day or when everyone else is there and you'll get the idea.

      Bob - Is that the Peak District you've never visited or just that part of the peaks?

      Maggie - As much as I love the lakes it was a childhood dream to live in the Peak District and I'm close enough to count that as achieved. I think if I lived in or around the Lake District I'd miss the moors and peat too much and be wishing I was back here.

      Regards
      Angela
      www.peakwalker.net

    • Linda Charnley
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15, 2012
        Hi Angela,

        I am just uploading our photos to Flickr - you may be on some!

        We went up Jacob's Ladder, across Brown Knoll and Rushup Edge and then down to the old Mam Tor road. I bet we passed each other. We were at the Trig (well almost!) on Brown Knoll at 1.15.

        Regards

        Lin

        Message 3 of 4 , May 15, 2012
          Hi Lyn

          We were sat having dinner in a gully on Brown Knoll at around 1:30 so maybe you walked by us then. We were about 50 yards away from the main path so you may have only seen our heads/backs as we sat sheltering out of the wind.

          Regards
          Angela
          www.peakwalker.net

          Message 4 of 4 , May 15, 2012
            Hi Angela,

            I was wearing a bright blue coat! We did wander away from the main path to avoid sinking!

            Regards

            Lin