Re: Online Fellwalking Club - The O.F.C. Loweswatercam on Location - May 2012 - Coll part two

  • Sherran
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
      Hi Ann & Roger

      After chatting to you for over an hour and cooked and eaten tea, I now have had time to enjoy your photos. Another lovely and interesting account of your holiday. It seemed strange seeing cattle on the beach.
      Crossapol looked a fabulous bay, how awful to see that litter, I do hope they can get it cleaned up.
      Wonderful pictures of the Snipe and Corncrake , you certainly saw plenty of different birds.
      I loved the pictures of you both on the beach, you looked very “chilled out” LOL

      Best wishes
      Sherran

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
        Hi Ann & Roger,

        More interesting photos from Coll.
        How awful to see so much rubbish washed up onto such stunning beaches.
        Lovely shot of Ann with Harry & Bethan, I guess the dogs were unable to
        accompany you on the RSPB walk as I know local bird watching walks
        state 'no dogs'!
        Fantastic that you got to see a Corncrake. I've heard them in Devon
        which was a real thrill, but never actually seen one in the flesh.
        Favourite shot for me is the Snipe sitting on the telegraph pole ....
        brilliant! :o)

        Angie x

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
          Hi Sherran,

          Good to catch up with you before your holiday, hope the sun shines for you. You'll be glad to see some fine weather after all the dull, wet weather you've been having of late !

          Tonight we had a lovely sunset, prior to that we sat in the garden wih a cup of tea as Gary called in with Badger. He really is the spit of Bailey ! (Badger that is, not Gary LOL). He is camping in Lorton with both dogs on the site you and Angie stayed at last year, behind the Wheatsheaf.

          Pleased you liked the penultimate set of photos, Roger is busy setting up the final set. The trouble with Crossapol was that it attracted all the sea-borne rubbish. Faull Beach, only a mile across the dunes on the other side, where we took the photos of us in 'chilled out' mode, had no litter at all.

          Have a safe journey to your destination and hope you and Bill have a really good time.

          Ann x

          --- In fellwalkingclub@..., "Sherran" <john@...> wrote:

          > Hi Ann & Roger
          >
          > After chatting to you for over an hour and cooked and eaten tea, I now have had time to enjoy your photos. Another lovely and interesting account of your holiday. It seemed strange seeing cattle on the beach.
          > Crossapol looked a fabulous bay, how awful to see that litter, I do hope they can get it cleaned up.
          > Wonderful pictures of the Snipe and Corncrake , you certainly saw plenty of different birds.
          > I loved the pictures of you both on the beach, you looked very “chilled out” LOL
          >
          > Best wishes
          > Sherran

        • Roger and Ann
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
            Hi Angie,

            No, we wouldn't have wanted to take the dogs anyway. It was a two hour walk max, and only about three miles from the cottage. They slumbered for a couple of hours after a good walk in the morning and out agian when we got back. We had chatted to Ian beforehand, he lived in one of the cottages adjacent to us. Andy the full-time Warden, has a collie and lives in the house attached to the information centre where we started the walk.

            Seeing the Corncrakes, three of them, was very special as we had heard them on Canna a few years ago, but failed to spot one then. They are not easy to photograph as they are well camouflaged and it took some patience. The Snipe was more obliging, glad you liked that photo.

            On the walk to Faull Bay next day we heard the Corncrakes again in the adjacent fields. They were making an incredible racket, but we failed to spot them on that occasion.

            Last ones from the holiday will be up soon . . .

            Ann x