Loweswatercam on Location - 7 - Waterfalls and home

    Message 1 of 7 , 6 Jun 11:07
      Hi All,

      It is always sad to leave your holiday accommodation on a nice day, but it has been a good week and there's some lovely views to enjoy on our way south. We say goodbye to Achiltibuie and head home.

      Along the way we visit the Falls of Measach and stop of for a night at Ballachulish.

      Do join us for the final leg of our Scottish holiday.

      Cheers,

      Roger and Ann

      Email: hiley105@...
      Website: www.loweswatercam.co.uk
    • helmut_hudler2
      Message 2 of 7 , 10 Jun 12:04
        Hi Roger, hi Ann,

        Just had a look at all of your holiday pictures. What canI say - what a remote place, what a great wilderness. You didn´t tackle the high summits, but the low areas and the coast are great anyway. An once more, you found a very unusual place for accomodation. Thanks for many beautiful pictures.

        Helmut
      • JS Gaughan
        Message 3 of 7 , 16 Jun 10:03
          Hi Ann & Roger

          Time to enjoy the last day of your holiday & your journey home. A lovely stopover
          I relived our very windy walk when we last visited you. Good to see Peter joining you, Ian & Nicky enjoying it too
          Nice to chat today. Hope Roger’s not to late home from his marshalling day.

          Sherran xx

          http://www.loweswatercam.co.uk/170511_Scotland_7_Drive_Home.htm

          Message 4 of 7 , 16 Jun 12:17
            Hi Sherran,

            Thanks for catching up on our last albums, pleased you enjoyed the last of our holiday photos and also the Ennerdale afternoon.

            Roger arrived home in good time after a cold, drizzly wet day at Lingmell Coll today. Much different weather to here in our valley where it was predominately overcast but dry. Tent, Paramo and and all gear drying out now, even had some nice evening sun here which has helped. I think tomorrow and the whole weekend looks much better and much warmer.

            Hope you both have a wonderful time and do hope Phoebe completely recovers, not what was needed just before a holiday, neither for you or for her.

            Lovely to chat this afternoon and look forward to hearing from you whilst you are away.

            Ann x

            Message 5 of 7 , 17 Jun 15:30

              Hi both - just caught up with the photos from your latest Scottish adventure. Always good to look at photos from such a lovely part of the world. You choose a great place to stay.

              Trust that Harry is now much better.

              A lovely day today but far too hot to be on the tops.

              David

              Message 6 of 7 , 18 Jun 05:47
                Thanks David, we love pour Scottish holidays, a stunning place to visit.

                Harry is better but the infection he had has really affected his arthritic joints.  His fell days are over now,  very short walks at the present time and plenty of R&R in home and garden looks like being the order of his days.

                His last walk (two weeks ago at Ennerdale) would appear to be his swansong, though you wouldn’t have known it at the time. We just find it so strange with just one dog to walk with, the three of us really miss his happy and quiet presence. He is quietly contented at home and yesterday, as we had an early morning appointment in Lancaster, he stayed with our friend Joan who lives across the fields from us. He had a lovely day whilst we walked south west of the lakes at Arnside on our way home.

                A sunny and very pleasant day for walking yesterday. Today is definitely too hot for the tops, or anywhere except the garden at the moment !

                Ann