Loweswatercam 10th June w/end - a mixed blog - slightly off topic again.

    Message 1 of 7 , 18 Jun
      Hi All,

      A busy last weekend as a number of events came together.

      Jenna has received the keys to her new house in Sheffield and Cathy, Alexander and Jen's friends have spent a busy week decorating.

      We had a surprise visitors on Saturday morning, Melissa, Roger's niece and her baby son Nesta.

      Cheers,

      Roger and Ann

      Email: hiley105@...
      Website: www.loweswatercam.co.uk

    • helmut_hudler2
      Message 2 of 7 , 20 Jun
        Hi Roger, hi Ann,

        Really good pictures at the beginning of this multiple-events-report, sometimes wind and clouds add much interesting aspects to the scenery.
        Also nice to see your daughter seems to establish her life and gets settled, I wish I could tell this from my kids!
        Finally, regarding the animals in your garden, suppose you teared up seeing your veg seedlings being eaten by someone else!
        All the best now!

        Helmut
        Message 3 of 7 , 20 Jun
          Thanks Helmut. It is good to combine up events sometimes, especially as the walk Dylan and I were on was at the same time as Roger was beavering away in Jenna's house in Sheffield.

          It seems to be a record thumping year for rabbits around here !

          Ann

          Message 4 of 7 , 1 Jul
            Hi all - last month I stayed with friends in Swanage for a few days
            walking in Dorset.

            Below are links to a couple of walks.

            The first walk covers a 15 mile stretch of the SW Coast Path from
            Kimmeridge to Swanage. It was a great day's walking although the ups and
            downs were rather more than I expected !

            https://goo.gl/photos/KAPuMBzULse561yEA

            The second was a rather gentler walk from Corfe Castle back to Swanage.
            Again a great day's walking with extensive views.

            https://goo.gl/photos/gtNY45zy5k34ZPdA8

            Can highly recommend Dorset.

            David
            Message 5 of 7 , 2 Jul
              Hi David,

              What fabulous photos on your two albums. We haven’t visited that area  since the mid-eighties, and then only the one time, However, we recognised so many of the landmarks that we walked with the children all those years ago.

              Corfe Castle was one of them, and then Old Harry rocks, though I believe one has fallen into the sea since we took photos from just above them. (his Wife maybe??) It is a delightful area with excellent cliff walking. I think you would have probably clocked up quite a few miles of ascent/descent on the walks you undertook.

              Thanks for sharing, by the way, the links weren’t live on the board so I needed to copy and paste.

              Ann

              Message 6 of 7 , 2 Jul

                Thanks for looking Ann. It's been a while since I was last down that way walking from Lyme Regis to Weymouth.

                Coastal walking makes a great change but I do still prefer Cumbria's hills. My app recorded 3,000 feet of ascent and descent on the longer walk.

                Back to the hills this week, and time to start breaking in Bramble to some gentler hill walking.

                David

                Message 7 of 7 , 20 Jul
                  Hi David

                  I enjoyed looking at the  photos of your trip to Dorset. We were there in April & also enjoyed that coastline. A lovely area.

                  Sherran