Loweswatercam - Mellbreak in the hot weather - 19th June

    Message 1 of 5 , 27 Jun
      Hi All,

      Called 'Mellbreak and a Swim' but this entry also details a shorter walk for Harry along the shores of Crummock Water.
      As he recovers nicely from his stomach upset he is walking further though his legs are still a problem.

      The first walk for Dylan was an attempt to wear him out . . . no chance of that.

      Bring your own cosy if you wish,

      Cheers,

      Roger

      Email: hiley105@...
      Website: www.loweswatercam.co.uk

    • Clive Button
      Message 2 of 5 , 29 Jun
        Hi Ann & Roger

        It's good to see Harry out walking again.
        As for Mellbreak in the hot weather which looks an interesting climb by the way,our glorious weekend in the lakes almost seems like last summer.
        It was 11deg here yesterday with heavy rain,we even had to have the central heating on.

        Clive & Julie

        Message 3 of 5 , 29 Jun
          Hi Clive and Julie,

          Thank you, small walks but each one a bonus for Harry and for us. Fortunately we are surrounded by fields where he can have a good romp every day when other walks may be too much for him.
          We certainly had to watch him, and Dylan of course in those very hot days, walks were taken early evening and always involved a swim.  Yes, summer sees to have taken its leave in a big way, similar temperatures here to yours yesterday. It was dry yesterday with the odd bit of sunshine, especially nice red cloud effects at sunset but wet and overcast today. Quite miserable and cold and I have the lights on as I type this :-(

          Ann

            Message 5 of 5 , 30 Jun
              Hi David,

              Yes, Harry is over his stomach upset and his ‘stiffness of limbs’ seems to be easing as a result.
              He can still be very slow at times but at least he is able to get out and do walks like this one.
              At one time we thought he might be restricted just to the garden.

              He has always had a problem with bridges, especially ones he can the down through or ones that bounce or move.
              It sounds the same with your Ben.

              Thanks for looking at the photos.

              Cheers,

              Roger