Loweswatercam - Seafarer's 24 Peaks - Saturday 8th.

    Message 1 of 7 , 13 Jul
      Hi All,

      I'm marshalling again, this time for the Seafarer's Charity 24 Peaks event.  I'm covering Haystacks on the first day of this weekend's two-day 31 mile walk across 24 of the highest fells of the Lake District . . . a big ask by any standard.

      My task is not quite so daunting as I’m checking the teams through the summit of Haystacks and only doing part of the walk.

      Saturday was a brilliant fellwalking day, do join me on the adventure: http://www.loweswatercam.co.uk/170708_Seafarers_24_Peaks_Saturday.htm

      Cheers,

      Roger

      Email: hiley105@...
      Website: www.loweswatercam.co.uk

    • helmut_hudler2
      Message 2 of 7 , 14 Jul
        Hi Roger,

        What a fine day out, in the best area that can be imagined, with good weather. And just back to another activity - poor you! Hope the patient is well now.

        Helmut
        Message 3 of 7 , 14 Jul
          Hi Helmut,

          After Roger returned from the call-out, we went to friends for a relaxing drink and chat and a lovely sunset. Such is life, sometimes all sorts of things come together !

          On  First Responder call-outs, unless they are locals, we rarely find out the outcome of someone once they disappear off for treatment in the ambulance.

          Ann

          Message 4 of 7 , 16 Jul
            Hi Ann, hi Roger,

            The same is true for Austria, first responders and even emergency doctors themselves only rarely get informations on patients´ outcome. It´s a shame, because often you do want to know if your help was effective, and especially in case of doctors, they often want to know if their initial diagnosis furthermore had proved to be right. Mostly this lack of feedback is because of medical confidentiality.
            When Klara had a bad injury from skiing, she was operated in a small hospital in Carinthia, and two days later be returned home of course. The doctor, who was the chief of the department and who had operated her between 12 and 1 a.m. wouldn´t have had the chance to know anything about Klara´s outcome. So, 6 weeks later, I had a telephone call to the collegue to say a heartily thankyou and to report about his "midnight case" - Klara was completely restored at this time. He was very thankful and confirmed that this kind of feedback information was a rare event.

            Helmut
            Message 5 of 7 , 16 Jul
              Hi Helmut,

              Called in on the local hotel where the callout was last week but they have heard nothing about the young lady as she was with visiting catering staff.   Still we will say that no news is good news.  They think that the fit caused her to fall downstairs, but it could have been a fall that caused her to fit.  We will never know as she was on her own when she fell and couldn’t remember anything.

                Message 7 of 7 , 20 Jul
                  Thanks David, we are not usually early morning risers for walks I’m afraid. More of the sunset variety !

                  Ann