Loweswatercam - Friday 14th - Confusing Gasgale

    Message 1 of 4 , 20 Jul
      Hi All,

      A few pictures of the garden where life is less busy as all my spare growing spaces are full of things growing.

      On Friday Jo came over for lunch and a walk as she is up in the Lakes for a few days. So we chose a local walk suitable for the occasion. Pictures and words @ http://www.loweswatercam.co.uk/170714_Confusing_Gasgale_Walk.htm

      Confused about where we intend to walk.  If you’re not then you soon will be !

      Cheers,

      Roger

      Email: hiley105@...
      Website: www.loweswatercam.co.uk

    • AEC Photography
      Message 2 of 4 , 21 Jul
        Hi Ann/Roger

        Another nice local walk for you all, even if it did involve a few route alterations.

        Nice to know Harry is feeling better.

        All the best

        Angela

        Message 3 of 4 , 21 Jul
          Hi Angela,

          Thanks for your comments. Harry walked High Rigg right across from one end to the other this week, about his limit on distance now, but he enjoyed it.

          Ann

          Message 4 of 4 , 15 Aug
            Hi Roger, hi Ann,

            (Catching up with the board, after holiday and two weeks of catchup with all the cases of the praxis and finally my pictures)

            I can feel with you regarding the rabbits. This year, I decided to put a protective net over one of the vines, because blackbirds discovered it last year and ate most of the berries - the rest was removed afterwards by the wasps. Due to the very warm summer (temperatures up to 30 °C or higher from early June to now), the black grapes of this vine are nearly ripe, and I already tried first berries - yummy!
            I see a blackbird in your garden - better not let him into your greenhouse, especially if the grapes are blue (green ones are a bit protected because the birds dont see them so easily).
            Nice walk then up Gasgale gill, I always love mountain torrents flowing between rocks, it´s such a wilderness! The foxgloves growing there are early pioneers, but foxgloves anyway live for only a few (if not only two?) years. Good to also see Harry out again, if not for long walks anyway, but sure he enjoyes it.

            Helmut