Two Peak District walks and a National Meadows day walk

  • Alan Kilduff
    Message 1 of 5 , 26 Jul
      Hi everyone,

      Three reports to share. Two from the Peak District;

      Axe Edge Moor, Shutlingsloe and Shining Tor on the 18th of June,

      and a walk from Edale on the 2nd July,

      The last one is from 1st July when I went to Slaidburn in the Forest of Bowland for National Meadows Day,

      Cheers, Alan
    • David Claxton

        Message 3 of 5 , 1 Aug
          Hi Alan,

          Some down-time this morning so I caught up with your latest walks. The meadows you walked through were really beautiful.

          This time your walks have brought back some good memories. We climbed to Ringing Roger from Edale some years back, the visibility was as good as on your walk. So much of that particular walk, Lose Hill and the Mam Tor area looked equally familiar.

          Whernside is the only one of the Yorkshire three peaks we haven’t climbed. Our daughter Paula did all three last weekend, one on each day and stayed with her friend in a B&B in Horton. That way she appreciated the scenery and just didn’t rush from one to another. Like yourself, she found crowds on Whernside, which was the Saturday walk for her and beset with dozens of ‘Three Peaks-in-a-day’ walkers.

          You had lovely weather (better than last weekend !) for your walks, again plenty of good memories of climbing Ingleborough and going down Gaping Ghyll on a wonderful OFC event a good few years ago. Just love the limestone pavements up there and the far reaching views. Also your views of Dentdale were lovely, a really tranquil and pretty place.

          Altogether, a lovely selection of walks, thanks Alan.

          Ann

          Message 4 of 5 , 21 Aug

            Hi Alan

            Just been catching up with some of your walks, many of which are in areas I donlt know. Loved the Middleton Fell walk such great views.

            Your walk to Ramshaw Rocks was really interesting as many years ago when access Land had just come into being I tried to access Gradbach Hill following your route and couldn’t find a way onto it, I’m guessing it is easier to find now. A return visit is added to my ever growing list of places I want to get to once the school holidays are over and access to the peaks won’t involve long traffic jams.

            Edale and Shutlingsloe were familiar places to  me and  you had good days for your visits.

            I’ve now added your website to my favourites list so hopefully I won’t get so far behind in future, although my ability to comment regularly on peoples posts hasn’t improved.

            All the best

            Angela