Loweswatercam - 2018 Loweswater Show Report - Sunday 3rd Sept

    Message 1 of 9 , 7 Sep
      Hi All,

      It's that time of year again as the Loweswater Show opened its gates to let in the crowds.  After a poor forecast, all eyes are on the sky for an ounce of consideration. As it happened the weather was better than expected and raincoats weren't required till quite late in the day .

      Do join us on our day out at this major valley event:

      Cheers,

      Roger

      Email: hiley105@...
      Website: www.loweswatercam.co.uk
      2018 Loweswatercam Calendars are now on sale.

    • AEC Photography
      Message 2 of 9 , 8 Sep
        Hi Roger

        Another successful outing for the Loweswater Show, even if the weather
        didn’t co-operate exactly as hoped for.

        I noticed we can’t see who wrote the winning limerick, is it a family effort
        or are your grandchildren the award winning authors?

        Well done on your trio of thirds, a shame about the photograph but
        photography competitions are always down to the taste of the judges and
        somewhat subjective. I know one photographer who won the Landscape
        Photographer of the Year with one image a few years ago , made himself
        £10,000 richer in the process but the same image never won in his local club
        competitions.

        All the best

        Angela

        http://www.loweswatercam.co.uk/170903_The_Loweswater_Show_2017.htm

        Message 3 of 9 , 8 Sep
          Hi Angela,

          The limerick was a joint effort of my daughter, family and friends.  I just couldn’t find inspiration myself.

          Still, by the time I went and collected their winnings they had already left for home so I got to keep the money !
          The total winnings on the day just about paid for one of our entrance fees so no need to get excited.

          Thinking about it, it might just cover the cost of that drink !   That’s more inspiring to me  . . . I feel a late limerick coming on.

          Cheers,

          Roger

            Message 5 of 9 , 9 Sep
              Hi David,

              I was a pity that the weather, which had been lovely for the previous few days did not hold out all day for the Show. It turned out better than forecasted though, although looking ominous for much of the time, it only really rained at three.

              Glad you enjoyed the photos and report.

              Ann

              Message 6 of 9 , 9 Sep
                Hi Roger, hi Ann,

                Intersting pictures of the usual mixup of humans, animals, veg´s and more kind of food, all kind of competitions, vintage cars and clothes ...
                For you maybe surprisingly, I most liked the upside down rainbow, which I´d bet was a circumcenital arch :-)

                Thanks for pictures!

                Helmut
                Message 7 of 9 , 9 Sep
                  No Helmut,

                  It was a real rainbow that turned itself upside down in order to loose its frown

                  You should now that you old SUN-of-a-DOG ;o)

                  Cheers,

                  Roger

                  Message 8 of 9 , 11 Sep
                    Thanks, Roger for that reply, which took me some effort to decode in all of its senses :-)
                    Message 9 of 9 , 11 Sep
                      Hi Helmut,

                      I was wondering how you would cope with the English play-on-words (SUN DOG) just after I pressed “send” on the computer.

                      Roger.

                      Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 10:48 PM

                      Thanks, Roger for that reply, which took me some effort to decode in all of its senses :-)