More wildlife stuff

  • ddwhiterose
    Message 1 of 5 , 12 Sep
      Hi all,

      Hope the newer members who don't know me understand my posts here.

      As an ex hillwalker I came to understand that wildlife is part of our outdoor experiences, many on here are good friends and it is a great way to keep in touch.

      My latest blog update is available at :- http://airedalewildlife.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/not-best-summer-weather.html

      It touches on human intervention in wildlife photography, much as human intervention in wild places dilutes the "wild" probably.

      All the best to you all,

      Dave D

    • David Claxton

        Message 3 of 5 , 14 Sep
          Hi Dave

          Some really sharp images there. I had to do some wildlife photography as part of my HNC last year and it certainly gives you a new understanding of the word patience, way too much sitting still for my liking, but I have to admire anyone who does it as well as you.

          All the best

          Angela

          Message 4 of 5 , 14 Sep
            Hi Dave,

            I for one was horrified about the very thought of a greenfinch nailed to a post  to enable photographers to take a photo. Appalling and despicable. I did not think that went on, but in my naivety assumed those who photograph wildlife also had a love to wildlife. Obviously I am mistaken.

            Your love of the wild is evident in this stunning blog. The series of red squirrel photos, the gannets and the heron eating the eel are  out of this world. Love them and all your excellent photos.

            Ann

            Message 5 of 5 , 14 Sep
              Hi Ann, and all others who read the blog,

              My biggest concern is the shortcuts wildlife photographers will descend to in order to get the images they want.

              Watching the dashing flight of a sparrowhawk hunting is a great thrill, brutal yes but a vital part of the circle of natural life.

              To see one habituated to take carrion is sad, to portray it as natural is as genuine as me claiming to have summitted Ben Nevis if I took a helicopter to within yards of the summit.

              There seems to be a market for these shots, I wonder how much that market would shrink if their followers truly understood the methods they will descend to.

              Many thanks as always,

              Dave D