Loweswatercam - Sat 16th - Latrigg

    Message 1 of 6 , 25 Sep
      Hi All,

      Dee and John, with a bit more time for themselves, are over in their flat in Keswick.  Despite a poor forecast we join forces for a walk up Latrigg, then head back for an evening at their home.

      The Thirlmere water will flow through the new pipeline by 2022, the Lakes Distillery will release their first
      3-years-and-a-day’ Malt Whisky this December.  I wonder what date Underscar’s first bottles will be on sale ?

      Cheers,

      Roger

      Website: www.loweswatercam.co.uk
      Our 2018 Loweswatercam Calendar is now on sale.

    • AEC Photography
      Message 2 of 6 , 25 Sep
        Hi Ann/Roger

        Just caught up with your two latest posts. There were certainly plenty of visitors to your bird table for Helen to enjoy although I’m not too sure anyone (other than the creatures who consume them as food) really enjoy slugs.

        Your walk to Latrigg certainly seemed a little misty and damp at the start but brightened up towards the end, I guess it’s always better to find out if the waterproofs work in those sorts of places than miles from the car. Nice to see some affordable housing being built in Keswick, lets hope it stays affordable. I can never work out why people park their cars so they stop the most people parking, I saw the same thoughtless parking when I did my Shutlingsloe walk, one car taking up the space two could have occupied if only they had backed into the fence rather than parked parallel to it.

        It seems strange to suddenly get images of Keswick during the day as they have been missing from the website since your retirement. Hope the MOT didn’t turn out too expensive. I suspect we will be following you into Fishers in a few weeks time as new waterproofs are needed.

        All the best

        Angela

        Full pictures and report @ http://www.loweswatercam.co.uk/170916_Latrigg_with_Dee_and_John.htm

        Message 3 of 6 , 25 Sep
          Hi Angela,

          You were quick off the mark, the Latrigg ones have just been posted ! Not a fan of slugs either, they cause mayhem in the veggie patches but are good fodder for some wildlife and must be very nutritious. as they are full of our garden produce !

          That was probably one of the dampest trips we have made on Latrigg, we are much more selective on our venues in poorer weather these days, but can’t control it when we have already made plans to meet friends for a walk. However man-made plans  to meet up seem to be a death knell to any chance of fine weather !

          It was our second car that needed an MOT. It passed again without much expense, so thankfully has delayed any necessary thoughts about having to consider whether to continue running two cars for another year.

          Cheers
          Ann

          Message 4 of 6 , 28 Sep
            Hi both - interesting report with more moody pictures although it was good to see the sun make an appearance.

            Interested to see the map on Latrigg. I work as a volunteer at the Keswick Information Centre one day a week and the map in your photo looks a bit different from the one we give visitors to help them navigate their way round the route obstructions. I'll try to get up there some time to compare and contrast !

            David

            Sent from my iPad

            On 25 Sep 2017, at 12:04, 'Roger and Ann Hiley' hiley105@... [fellwalkingclub] <fellwalkingclub@...> wrote:

            Hi All,

            Dee and John, with a bit more time for themselves, are over in their flat in Keswick.  Despite a poor forecast we join forces for a walk up Latrigg, then head back for an evening at their home.

            The Thirlmere water will flow through the new pipeline by 2022, the Lakes Distillery will release their first
            3-years-and-a-day’ Malt Whisky this December.  I wonder what date Underscar’s first bottles will be on sale ?

            Cheers,

            Roger

            Website: www.loweswatercam.co.uk
            Our 2018 Loweswatercam Calendar is now on sale.

          • helmut_hudler2
            Message 5 of 6 , 2 Oct
              Hi Roger,

              Nice walks around Keswick, and it is a good idea to do a short walk while the car is on service. I often do the same myself.

              Helmut
              Message 6 of 6 , 8 Oct
                Hi Helmut,

                Thanks for looking at our last three website albums.

                We always enjoy walking in limestone areas and love those around the south of the lakes too. It’s a fair drive for us so we try to incorporate it with a journey down south, in this case to nearby Lancaster.

                Similarly if you have to wait for a car to be serviced or have a MOT, always good to take advantage of the surroundings and take a walk, as you have found too.

                It was lovely to catch up with Jill and Nigel when they were here. Love meeting up with friends, Ian was here later that week for supper too.

                His visit was just prior to us going away for a week to Gower, we returned yesterday evening. It was a great chance to catch up and entertain Swansea family and friends in our holiday home there. We were also able to spend a great deal of quality time with little Luke, our latest grandson, now six months old.

                A good chance for lovely walks from the door as well, website will be updated asap

                Cheers Ann

                Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 9:02 AM
                Subject: Online Fellwalking Club - The O.F.C. Re:: Loweswatercam - Sat 16th - Latrigg