Loweswatercam - Scout Scar - Thursday 28th -

    Message 1 of 5 , 29 Sep

      Hi All,

      We were down in Lancaster on a visit and headed back north on this nice day to take the opportunity to walk Scout Scar in the limestone country of the southern Lake District.

      We looked at the calendar and realised it has been six whole years since we walked this particular fell. Doesn't time fly !

      http://www.loweswatercam.co.uk/170928_Scout_Scar.htm

      Cheers,

      Roger

      Website: www.loweswatercam.co.uk
      Our 2018 Loweswatercam Calendar is now on sale.
    • helmut_hudler2
      Message 2 of 5 , 30 Sep
        Hi Roger, hi Ann,

        Great walk in limestone area - a bit unusual for the Lakeland area, but still nice - and the landscape reminds me of my limestone home.
        Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

        Helmut
      • AEC Photography
        Message 3 of 5 , 3 Oct
          Hi Ann/Roger

          Time to catch up with some other people's walks now.

          It certainly was a day for low level walking when Jill and Nigel visited
          you, some lovely reflections of Mellbreak in some of your shots. I don't
          think I'd fancy swimming in the lakes, the water would be a bit cooler than
          I would really like, even with a wet suit.

          You seemed to get much better weather for your visit to Scout Scar, it seems
          like ages since that summit has appeared on the OFC board. It looks a nice
          gentle walk with some great views from the summit or is the ascent more
          acute than your images suggest?

          All the best

          Angela

          Message 4 of 5 , 8 Oct
            Hi Ann & Roger

            I hope you had a good holiday.
            I got a shock when I realised how many of your albums I hadn’t seen. Starting back with Paula & Abbi’s visit. Can’t believe how grown up Abbi looks now
            Loweswater show looks as interesting as ever, a shame the weather wasn’t as sunny as last year. Those cakes looked a bit tasty lol. Lots of lovely crafts.
            What a shame the lovely weather didn’t hang on a bit longer for Helens visit.Nice to see Joan's new dog Max.
            Loved all your garden bird photos, great to see the Red squirrel, not too fussed on the slug lol
            A lovely rainbow on Latrigg, nice to see Dee & John out with you.
            Ziggy looked as though he was enjoying meeting Harry & Dylan. I loved the photo of grumpy Dylan & Ziggy. Best ones are when they are all asleep back at the cottage
            What a lovely walk to Scout Scar, such a lovely area & some beautiful views. Two nice photos of Roger with the boys. I had to chuckle again about the lad at Reghed that you told me about & the Scotch eggs lol
            Well that’s me up to date, speak soon.

            Sherran xx

            Message 5 of 5 , 8 Oct
              Thanks Sherran,

              Thank you for such lovely comments.  You did have a big catch-up !

              Yes, we arrived home late last night after a good holiday, we were lucky with the weather and  actually had sunshine for most of our time there. Roger even went swimming in the sea, needless to say I didn’t  join him !

              I shall try to catch up with you tomorrow, but if you are out then  I‘ll try later on Tuesday, after I have been shopping.

              Ann x