A walk in Teesdale

  • Clive Button
    Message 1 of 8 , 24 Nov
      Hi All

      We haven't posted on the board for a while so here are some photos from last months walk along the River Tees taking in High and Low force waterfalls.
      We were actually on the way to the Lakes but with poor weather forecast for Cumbria we decided to stop off and enjoy a dry walk.
      Apologies for the amount of selfies.

      Clive & Julie

    • helmut_hudler2
      Message 2 of 8 , 24 Nov
        Hi Clive, hi Julie!

        Great pictures of the waterfalls - seems to have been raining a lot before with those high amounts of brown water. Never mind selfies ... :-)

        Helmut
      • Clive Button
        Message 3 of 8 , 24 Nov
          Hi Helmut

          The rivers in the Yorkshire Dales are usually a rusty colour,I think it's somthing to do with the amount of peat in the water.

          Clive

          On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 at 19:41, helmut_hudler2 <no_reply@...> wrote:

          Hi Clive, hi Julie!

          Great pictures of the waterfalls - seems to have been raining a lot before with those high amounts of brown water. Never mind selfies ... :-)

          Helmut

        • David Claxton

              Message 6 of 8 , 25 Nov
                Hi Clive,

                That´s what I thought anyway - humic acids of the moors above stain the water beneath. I just thought it would be enhanced after heavy rain.

                Helmut
                Message 7 of 8 , 25 Nov
                  Hi Clive and Julie,

                  Amazing amount of water in the Forces. A long time since we walked there, must be thirty years ago. One of these days we must turn off on one of our journeys across the A66. We’ve said it many a time but not got around to it !

                  Ann

                  Message 8 of 8 , 26 Nov
                    Hi Ann

                    It's well worth the short diversion off the A66.We started our walk from the excellent visitors centre and cafe (can recommend the soup) at Bowlees.We also caught a glimpse of the Bowes museum and that's gone on the wet day list.

                    Clive..