Loweswatercam - 25th Nov - Snow in Loweswater

    Message 1 of 5 , 28 Nov
      Hi All,

      Well, its been a funny old year. We seem to have had a very early spring in February, several early attempts at summer in April and June . . . then it began to rain.
      The summer months were rather wet . . . so what will November be remembered for ? Well the first snow in the valley for a start.
    • John Gaughan
      Message 2 of 5 , 28 Nov
        Hi Ann & Roger

        Time for a catch up starting with our fabulous day on Castle Crag for the Remembrance service. A great report Roger.
        What a shame the weather changed for Jack & Catherine's visit, but I know how much you enjoyed having them. At least you managed a walk :)
        Another good weekend for you all with Paula & family. I couldn't believe how much Tom & Abi had changed, so grown up :)
        A mixture of every sort of weather on your last album. Loved the shot of the Pod looking all cosy in the garden :)
        Lovely to chat today Ann.

        Sherran xx

        Sent from my iPad Sherran

        Message 3 of 5 , 28 Nov
          Thanks Sherran, a wide variety of photos from some lovely occasions, whatever the weather threw at us !

          This afternoon, (after you and I had another lovely catch-up chat) we had a really good walk up to Askill Knott,where we have been before with you and Bill. Glorious visibility, if a wee bit boggy cutting across to make the ascent. Finished off with a cuppa and homemade biscuits with Lorna and Keith at the Grange. A nice afternoon and great to be ‘blinded by  the light’ for a change !

          Ann x

          Message 4 of 5 , 28 Nov
            Hi Roger, hi Ann,

            Thanks for changing pictures at changing conditions we are still awaiting the white stuff for tomorrow or so, lets see.
            Schneeberg summit also has changed to arctic conditions, like your fells, and living up to its name. Today was excellent visibility, and I saw pictures on FB from North of Vienna, showing incredible details.

            Your little garden pod looks appealing!

            Helmut
          • David Claxton
            Message 5 of 5 , 28 Nov

              Thanks Roger. Good to see your early winter photos. It did seem to be an awful, wet summer this year.

              Hoping Crummock Water is looking good tomorrow. A group of about 8 of us are doing the circular walk round the lake. Haven't done it before so looking forward to it.

              Regards

              David