Unveiled Views : hitchhiking from Barcelona to Pakistan

  • Sabyesachi Bharti
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2009
      Unveiled Views

      Synopsis: What�s life really like for women in the Islamic world? To
      what extent is our opinion of them based on Western prejudice? The
      author of this film hitchhiked from Barcelona to Pakistan and
      portrayed the life of five remarkable women who challenge conventional
      stereotypes. Alma clears landmines in Bosnia while Eren fights for
      human rights in Turkey. In contrast, the Iranian director, Rakhshan;
      Pakistani dancer, Nahid, and Moshgan, a poet from Afghanistan, all use
      art to express their viewpoints.

      Director: Alba Sotorra Clua

      Click to watch online in �Humanity Explored� online film festival:

      http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play/1922/Unveiled-Views