Re: [foisl] Bode Gibson wins APC Freetown Mayoral Contest

  • Oswald Hanciles
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 11, 2012
      May the best man win.  Theo did well.

      --- On Tue, 9/11/12, Amadu Massally <saloneamadu@...> wrote:

      From: Amadu Massally <saloneamadu@...>
      Subject: [foisl] Bode Gibson wins APC Freetown Mayoral Contest
      To: "salone discussion group" <SALONEDiscussion@yahoogroups.com>, leonenet@..., "Sierra Leone Network" <SierraLeoneNetwork@yahoogroups.com>, denisalone@yahoogroups.com, "FOIS" <foisl@...>
      Date: Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 12:27 AM

      Should I pull quote on this one, too?   None of my friends seemed to fair well (Theo Nicol, Dennis Williams, Winston Ojukutu-Macauley).  I had heard about Councillor Gibson's popularity, and he sure ran with it!

      AJM

      Courtesy Cocorioko
      http://www.cocorioko.net/?p=36480

      Councillor Bode Gibson wins the Freetown APC Mayoral candidate contest
      Councillor Bode Gibson has been elected the Mayoral candidate for the ruling All People’s Congress ( APC) , following the Primary Elections held at the Atlantic Hall in Freetown today. The Councillor polled 106 votes. He was followed by the Acting Mayor Gibril Kanu who scored 56 votes.

      The full results as announced by the APC
      • Councillor Bode Gibson 106 votes
      • Acting Mayor Gibril Kanu 56 votes
      • Mr. Theo Nicol 35 votes
      • Rev. Gibson 30 votes
      • Dennis Williams 12 votes
      • Bishop Christian Cole 2 votes
      • Winston Ojukutu-Macauley 2 votes
      • Musu Hajanatu 1 vote
      • Eustace King 0 vote

      --
      Public Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement

      Your Participation on this forum is subject to the Privacy Laws of the United States AND The Copyright laws of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) also govern the making of photocopies or other reproductions or use of copyrighted material. The copyright holders retain all rights to publish or reproduce those documents or to allow others to do so. Permission from their authors/copyright holders would be required before you could download, use, or reproduce these materials in any form. All Material posted on this forum become the property of the APC Worldwide News. If a user/visitor of this web site uses a (photo)copy or reproduction of any material for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user/visitor may be liable for copyright infringement.

      --
      Amadu Massally

      ------
      Well, I will act as the spokesperson for all those who vainly seek a forum in [SL] from which to make themselves heard. ~ Thomas Sankara

    • mendemoi@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 11, 2012
        Should I ask?
        Is President Koroma also your friend? If so, hmmmmm let me think. I wonder if this is an omen for him too?
        Sent from my BlackBerry® by Boost Mobile

        From: Oswald Hanciles <oswald.hanciles@...>
        Sender: foisl@...
        Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 01:30:14 -0700 (PDT)
        To: salone discussion group<SALONEDiscussion@yahoogroups.com>; <leonenet@...>; Sierra Leone Network<SierraLeoneNetwork@yahoogroups.com>; <denisalone@yahoogroups.com>; <foisl@...>
        ReplyTo: foisl@...

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 11, 2012
          Theo was a good candidate indeed and he made some impact. Congrats to all
          Pa Baimba

          On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Oswald Hanciles <oswald.hanciles@...> wrote:

[...]

          Press Attache
          Sierra Leone Embassy
          7 Dong Zhi Men Wai Dajie,
          Chaoyang District, Beijing
          People's Republic of China
          100600
          Tel: 0086-13701206875
           Fax:0086-1065323752

          Public relations are a key component of any operation in this day of instant communications and rightly inquisitive citizens. -Alvin Adams

        • Emmanuel Saffa-Abdulai
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 11, 2012
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19557641
            Paul Kamara

            11 September 2012Last updated at 11:13

            Sierra Leone FA dissolved by Sports Minister Paul Kamara

            By Mohamed Fajah BarrieBBC Sport, Freetown

            The Sierra Leone Football Association has been dissolved by the country's Sports Minister Paul Kamara.

            The move could have serious consequences for Sierra Leone, with football's world football governing body Fifa likely to ban the country from international competitions if the minister fails to reverse his decision.

            Earlier in the year Fifa intervened in a dispute between the sports minister and the SLFA over the running of the the country's senior national team Leone Stars.

            The SLFA had also been set to vote for a new president this week in an elective congress in Freetown following the resignation of the previous president, Nahim Khadi, who stepped down because of health issues.

            Continue reading the main story

            The minister has no right to dissolve the SLFA executive committee

            SLFA's acting-president Joseph Samba Kelfala

            But Kamara has also postponed that vote until further notice.

            A statement from the Sports Ministry said the sports minister took the decisions due to the resignations of the SLFA president and second vice-president Alie Kargbo as well as issues pertaining to the inefficiency of the association's administration.

            While the statement did not give specific examples of the body's 'inefficiency', Kamara is not happy with the SLFA appeals committee's decision to allow ex-Sierra Leone Premier League board chairmanRodney Edmond Michael to contest the association's presidential election.

            Kamara has banned Michael from all sporting activities and has also publicly backing female candidate Isha Johansen for the SLFA top job.

            He told a local radio sports programme: "Rodney Michael will not contest the SLFA elections, if so it'll be over my dead body.

            "We'll not accept the decision of the appeals committee to allow Michael to contest the election and as sports minister and chairman of the National Sports Council, I'll make sure that there will be no election this week."

            However, the SLFA's acting-president Joseph Samba Kelfala has told BBC Sport that the organisation will not abide by the minister's decision.

            "The minister has no right to dissolve the SLFA executive committee," Kelfala said. "We're going ahead with our elections and I'm going to hand over power to a new president on Saturday.

            "Already I've instructed the SLFA acting-general secretary to write to Fifa and Caf to inform them about the minister's decision and also invite the two bodies to observe our elections."

            Under Fifa's and the SLFA's statutes, the sports minister is not permitted to interfere in the running of the football association or to have a say in elections.

            This is the second time in five years the SLFA has been dissolved by a sports minister. Former Sierra Leone President Ahmad Tejan Kabbah had to order the-then Sports Minister Dennis Bright to reverse his decision in 2007.

            Emmanuel Saffa Abdulai- BA, LLB, LLM, BL
            Barrister and Solicitor at Law
            Executive Director
            Society for Democratic Initiatives, Sierra Leone
            2nd Floor, 25 Pademba Road
            Freetown
            Sierra Leone
            measdrb@... ; measdrb@...
            +232-33-647-456 ; +232-76-647-456; +23230647456

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 11, 2012
                Pa Baimba
                Do you think he will beat the SLPP nominee or will this be the part of the on coming SLPP control of everything as Rtd Maada sweeps in
                Sent from my BlackBerry® by Boost Mobile

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 11, 2012
                  A wait and see policy...
                  Pa Baimba

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 11, 2012
                    Pa Baimba,
                    I see that you are becoming quite modest...why? Is there something discouraging you? Have you heard something about Di Paa that is not encouraging? Please dont despair yet, still 2 months to go, but I care about you being jolly and hearty here. You know only oa few of Coco Nuts dare take me on without going ballistically profane. Wvene the Wara-war Queen has quieted down. Somthing must be in the air that is bothering you APC propaganda Artists.

                    I still like you guys anyway even after you get wallopped on Nov. 17, so dont be discouraged...that's politics.

                    Toegondoe Sagbah,  FAT / IDOF
                          Fighting Against Tribalism
                          In Defence Of Fairness
                    Click "Create A New Profile" on the top right of page andREGISTER

[...]

                  • M.S. Fornah & Marie Mans-Fornah
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 11, 2012
                      A BEGGAR ALWAYS HAS TO CREATE A STORY,
                      SLPP SECRETARY GENERAL

                      Banja Tejan-Sie Agrees In America
                      "Berewa More Marketable Than Murder Bio"
                      Pa. Toegondoe Sagbah &Co,
                      Whats your take on  this, 2007  SLPP  was in power and their presidential flag bearer  was more marketable but still lost to blessed EBK, what about now with an unmarketable  Murder Bio?
                      Suiiiiiiiiiiiii Pa. Sagbah & Co attack DOGS.

                      MURDER BIO WILL BE THE NEXT SORE LOOSER.

                      MSF.

                      -