Re: FUBAR Rooms & Corridors - a Space Hulk-style variant

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2010
      Here are some ideas on what I plan to use on Sunday.

      Head Things

      Interrupting Enemy, Green 5+, Exp 6+, Bite 1FP

      Viscera Things (Penanggalans)
      Interrupting Enemy, Fast, Seasoned 4+, Exp 5+, Bite/Pseudopod 1FP and Vile Spew 1FP 8"

      Leaper Things
      Seasoned 4+, Exp,
      Bite/Pseudopod 1FP , Regeneration AV 6+

      Thing Hounds
      Fast, Seasoned 4+, Exp 5+, Bite FP 2

      Composite Things (Level Bosses)
      Veteran 3+, Exp 4+, Massive Pseudopod FP 2, Regeneration AV 5+, Wounds 3

      Colossal Thing (Final Stage Boss)
      Elite 2+, Exp 4+, Massive Pseudopod FP 2 and Gaping Maw FP 2, Regeneration AV 5+, Wounds 5

      The Human Suckers... err I mean troopers.
      All humans are equipped with pistols (FP 1, 8") and combat knives that give them an equal footing in Close Combat.

      Captain John Duke
      Elite 2+, Exp 4+, Assault Rifle FP 2, Grenades FP 3, Combat Carapace 4+, Wounds 3

      Radioman, Carl "Fuzzbox" Stewart
      Veteran 3+, Exp 4+, HMG FP 4
      , Combat Carapace 4+, Wounds 3, Radio. When the Captain is adjacent to the radioman he may spend a single unused action to issue an extra action to another trooper. That receiving trooper may use the extra action on his next activation roll or forgo the roll and automatically activate with his normal 2 actions on his turn. The Radioman may not benefit from this.

      Support Weapon Trooper, "Torch" Wilson
      Seasoned 4+, Exp 5+, Flamerthrower FP 3
      , Combat Carapace 4+, Wounds 3

      Sniper, Tom "Tommy" Gunn
      Seasoned 4+, Exp 5+, Sniper Rifle FP 2,
      , Combat Carapace 4+, Wounds 3

      Trooper, Ronald Childs
      Seasoned 4+, Exp 5+

      --- In forgeofwar@..., "Steve" <cyborgtruckerusa@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > <http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e9CoJULTOIo/R3ijH-r88tI/AAAAAAAAAa4/tyefO_PHW\
      > 9I/s1600-h/Viscera+Things+001.JPG>
      >
      > Leaper Things
      > <http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_e9CoJULTOIo/R3ikVOr88uI/AAAAAAAAAbA/Q-QunJtRp\
      > Go/s1600-h/Thing+Leapers+001.JPG>
      >
      > Thing Hounds
      > <http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e9CoJULTOIo/R3imF-r88vI/AAAAAAAAAbI/ObtNqfvck\
      > jI/s1600-h/Thing+Hounds+001.JPG>
      >
      > Composite Things (Level Bosses)
      > <http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e9CoJULTOIo/R3iou-r88xI/AAAAAAAAAbY/yBjQLZzGW\
      > 0Q/s1600-h/Collected+Thing+001.JPG>
      >
      > Colossal Thing (Final Stage Boss)
      > <http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_e9CoJULTOIo/R3slIer881I/AAAAAAAAAb8/DTKRTead3\
      > H8/s1600-h/Colossal+Thing+003.jpg>
      >
      > Our brave heroes (Suckers)
      > <http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e9CoJULTOIo/R3ip9-r88yI/AAAAAAAAAbg/YKvOSutc7\
      > Zc/s1600-h/Team+001.JPG>
      >
      > I'll report back how it goes, I'm very excited!
      >
      > --- In forgeofwar@..., "Chris" clkeagle@ wrote:
      > >
      > > All,
      > >
      > > First - I know this is probably bad timing to introduce something new
      > when Craig has given us a deadline to tighten our existing documents.
      > But this one was just bursting out of me, and I couldn't keep it to
      > myself any more.
      > >
      > > A few weeks ago I purchased the Space Base from Paper Make It:
      > http://papermakeit.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=2&option=c\
      > om_virtuemart&Itemid=73
      > > It comes in a 15mm version (which I bought, since I already have Space
      > Hulk and Doom for 28mm) or a 28mm version. I figured for its price I
      > couldn't go wrong, and it would give me a good look into the Shuffler
      > system. Anyway, I printed it, mounted it into some black presentation
      > board from Hobby Lobby, cut it out, and immediately set it out on a
      > tabletop with some power armored troops and a ton of Terminator-style
      > robots. And wouldn't you know... I wasn't sure exactly what to do from
      > that point. Try to play a variation of Space Hulk? Look at some of the
      > other free and commercial rules?
      > >
      > > Hell no. I grabbed my laptop, opened up the Google doc where I keep
      > my FUBAR ideas, and wrote a variant action system designed to work on
      > map tiles. I played a few solo games, adding and changing things here
      > and there. And people... it worked brilliantly!
      > >
      > > Rather than attempting to write another expansion, I actually wrote
      > FUBAR Rooms & Corridors as a complete game. It steals Craig's
      > mechanics, uses the firing, close combat, cover, and armor save systems
      > more or less as they are in normal FUBAR, but eliminates suppression and
      > adds a few twists.
      > >
      > > I'll throw it in the FUBAR Workshop section and wait for some
      > feedback. If you want to wait until after the publication of FUBAR 3.0
      > to even bother with this thing, that makes perfect sense to me.
      > >
      > > My biggest question - should this be kept as an all-rules-included
      > document, or should I modify this to an expansion to the normal FUBAR

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10, 2010
        Here is the first part of my battle report. We will hopefully finish the scenario next weekend.

        Fubar FPS Part 001

      • Craig
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 11, 2010
          Looks like you had a great time Steve :)

          It's good to see that I'm not the only old, bearded and 'well built' (cough) chap on this forum.

          I'll have aread of the new FPS rules later.

          Cheers,
          Craig.