Pulp Friction Yahoo Group Update (i.e. I'm not dead).

  • john467460
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2007
      I know it's been a long time since I posted anything on the Yahoo
      Group, but life as they say, got in the way.
      I've decided to take the plunge and create a website for the game,
      you'll find it at;

      http://www.freewebs.com/rubberronnie/

      The main reason for this is that my laptop recently went bang, and so
      I had to replace it. Unfortunately the new one had Microsoft Vista,
      and it doesn't seem to like Yahoo Groups, meaning it's rare I can
      actually access the site. Also, it's easier to post game reports,
      photo's, and documents to a website than it is to a Yahoo group. I'll
      be leaving the Yahoo group in place, but the vast majority of
      activity in future will take place on the website. This will also
      open up the game to those gamers who don't like Yahoo Groups.

      I'm currently knocking up a report of a game played a couple of weeks
      ago, which will be posted to the website soon. All future game
      reports will be placed there, rather than on the Yahoo group, but any
      updates to the rules, new information, etc., will be posted on both.

      Thanks,
      John.
    • David
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2007
        Hi John,

        Nice looking site!

        I have 2 PCs with Vista on and have had no problems with Yahoo Groups.
        Admitted I am using Firefox not IE!

        I'm looking forward to further developments.

        regards
        David
        www.dialpforpulp.com

        --- In frictionalheroes@..., "john467460"
        <formbyfan@...> wrote:

        > I know it's been a long time since I posted anything on the Yahoo
        > Group, but life as they say, got in the way.
        > I've decided to take the plunge and create a website for the game,
        > you'll find it at;
        >
        > http://www.freewebs.com/rubberronnie/
        >
        > The main reason for this is that my laptop recently went bang, and so
        > I had to replace it. Unfortunately the new one had Microsoft Vista,
        > and it doesn't seem to like Yahoo Groups, meaning it's rare I can
        > actually access the site. Also, it's easier to post game reports,
        > photo's, and documents to a website than it is to a Yahoo group. I'll
        > be leaving the Yahoo group in place, but the vast majority of
        > activity in future will take place on the website. This will also
        > open up the game to those gamers who don't like Yahoo Groups.
        >
        > I'm currently knocking up a report of a game played a couple of weeks
        > ago, which will be posted to the website soon. All future game
        > reports will be placed there, rather than on the Yahoo group, but any
        > updates to the rules, new information, etc., will be posted on both.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > John.

      • john467460
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2007
          Hi David,
          Sorry, I meant to reply earlier. I seem to have found the cause of
          the problem - Norton Security/Anti-virus. I should have thought of
          this earlier, as everytime I've used Norton's products they've
          buggered up my systems! This will be the last time I install their
          sub-standard garbage on one of my PC's (AVG Anti-virus here I come).
          I'm glad you like the site by the way.
          John.

          --- In frictionalheroes@..., "David" <rigante@...>