Important - virus - not a joke.

  • michael thomesen
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2001

      Subject: Important - virus - not a joke.

      Dear friends!
      I received the following message from one of my friends, who has had a virus. I had it - found it and got it deleted.

      Please read the following very carefully:

      My friend wrote:
      The file was found on our computer, you are all in our mailing list!!!

      "Our computer has had a virus infection. Since you are in our mailing list, you must follow this description in order to get rid of the virus.

      This virus is programmed to activate itself at a later point in time, therefore it will not be detected by a standard anti-virus-program, such as Mcfee, Norton etc..

      Nobody knows, how long it has been in circulation, probably in several months.

      When it activates itself, it will delete all files and documents at your hard drive.

      It spreads via e-mails and places itself in C.WINDOWS/COMMAND.

      In order to find it and delete it - follow the following instructions:

      1.    Click on START

      2.    Select SEARCH FOR

      3.    Select FILES OR MAPS

      4.    Go to SEARCH ALL FILES and select LOCAL HARD DRIVES - in most cases it is C.

      5.    In the box NAME - write SULFNBK.EXE

      6.    If the file is found - DON'T OPEN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

      7.    Mark it this way - WITHOUT OPENING IT - click on EDIT and then MARK ALL.

      8.    In the menu FILES - click on DELETE

      9.    Close the dialog box SEARCH ALL FILES

      10.    EMPTY your wastebasket

      The good news is, that you are free of the virus.

      The bad news is, that you might have contaminated everyone you have sent e-mails for many months.

      THEREFORE!! Please send this message to all persons in your address book

    • Mikkel & Sanne
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 12, 2001
        ja tak.... tjek lige den her side før i gør noget

        http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html

        Mikkel - Farum

        My friend wrote:
[...]

        Din brug af Yahoo! Grupper er underlagt Yahoo! Servicebetingelser.
      • Mikkel & Sanne
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 12, 2001
          Hej... tjek lige den her side før i gør noget overilet

          Mikkel Tronhus

          My friend wrote:
[...]

        • Thomas Dahl Pedersen
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 12, 2001
            PAS PÅ!

            ..med at sende virusadvarsler rundt til gud og hver mand. De er ofte en virus
            i sig selv. Især denne her, der får den naive bruger til at ødelægge sin
            opsætning.

            /Thomas

          • Søren Erland Vestø
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 14, 2001
              At 23:26 12-12-2001 +0100, you wrote:
              >PAS PÅ!
              >
              >..med at sende virusadvarsler rundt til gud og hver mand. De er ofte en virus
              >i sig selv. Især denne her, der får den naive bruger til at ødelægge sin
              >opsætning.

              Generelt kan man sige: Lad være med overhovedet at videresende
              virus-advarsler rundt. Disse hoax'es tager en masse båndbredde og kan i
              værste tilfælde være næsten lige så slemme som Badtrans, Melissa, Iloveyou
              og hvad har vi. Hvis I lægger mærke til det, så er det aldrig de rigtige
              virus'er, som folk sender advarsler om.

              Altid altid tage alt, hvad man modtager, som beder en sende det videre til
              alle man kender, med et KÆMPE gran salt.

              Hvis det er, så check
              http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/vinfodb.html , der har
              opdaterede sider om hoax'es og vira. Ting man kan søge på er emnet på
              mail'en og ting, der står i mailen. I dette tilfælde er en simpel søgning
              på det filnavn, der nævnes i mailen, tilstrækkeligt til at finde ud af, at
              det er en hoax.

              mvh,
              Søren