Re: FunCube Dongle in OSX with GNURadio

  • updatelee
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2011
      Here is the link for the buildguide

      http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/BuildGuide

      --- In funcube@..., "Tony Langdon, VK3JED" <vk3jed@...> wrote:

      > At 07:01 PM 6/27/2011, you wrote:
      > >So gnuradio doesnt work currently recording from an audio source
      > >higher then 44100, and instead of figuring out why, I wrote a a
      > >python app to make a little tcp server that read the audio data and
      > >converted it to something gnuradio could understand :)
      > >
      > >http://updatelee.blogspot.com/2011/06/funcube-dongle-and-osx-ie-fun-with.html
      > >
      > >I'll look into the source of the problem, gnuradio/coreaudio later,
      > >but its hard because Im offline alot of the time. So maybe later.
      >
      > I didn't get that far, I had issues trying to install the
      > dependencies using MacPorts. :(
      >
      > 73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
      > http://vkradio.com

    • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 27, 2011
        At 01:53 AM 6/28/2011, you wrote:
        >Here is the link for the buildguide
        >
        >http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/BuildGuide

        That's what I was following. I found a couple of issues. The first
        was py26-wxpython, which gave an error of not being available in my
        architecture.

        73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
        http://vkradio.com
      • Pepijn van den Berkhof
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 27, 2011
          Hi all,

          When I try to run the Qthid as found on the FCD website I get the following error:

          ./qthid: 11: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

          I tried double clicking the executable but nothing happened so I tried running via terminal but still no joy.

          Any idea's?

          Regards
        • HAIQU_OZ
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 28, 2011
            Tony,

            What platform are you trying to run this on?

            73,

            Rob (formerly VK3XVK)

            --- In funcube@..., "Tony Langdon, VK3JED" <vk3jed@...> wrote:

            > At 01:53 AM 6/28/2011, you wrote:
            > >Here is the link for the buildguide
            > >
            > >http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/BuildGuide
            >
            > That's what I was following. I found a couple of issues. The first
            > was py26-wxpython, which gave an error of not being available in my
            > architecture.
            >
            > 73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
            > http://vkradio.com

          • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 28, 2011
              At 05:42 PM 6/28/2011, you wrote:
              >Tony,
              >
              >What platform are you trying to run this on?

              Snow Leopard on a 2010 i7 MacBook Pro.

              73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
              http://vkradio.com
            • HAIQU_OZ
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 28, 2011
                Sorry, can't help you there. The Win version works here. Sounds like a compile error to me anyhow.

                Rob

                --- In funcube@..., "Tony Langdon, VK3JED" <vk3jed@...> wrote:

                > At 05:42 PM 6/28/2011, you wrote:
                > >Tony,
                > >
                > >What platform are you trying to run this on?
                >
                > Snow Leopard on a 2010 i7 MacBook Pro.
                >
                > 73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
                > http://vkradio.com

              • Robin Gape (FCD)
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
                  Pepijn,

                  I have QTHID versions 2.1 (for the firmware update) and 3.0 (for operational use) running without complaint on a 64 bit Ubuntu 10.10 box. Offhand, the obvious debugging thoughts are:
                  • that some dependencies are missing, or
                  • qthid, somehow, is not an executable file (perhaps it is a source code file?), or
                  • rather more likely, (as inspection has just shown) the 2K file is in fact a README file, rather than anything more useful! (With no disrespect to M0TFO, who seems to be a very busy bee indeed!)
                  The straightforward solution
                  Take a copy of QTHID from http://sourceforge.net/projects/qthid/files/

                  I have some notes prepared on this, which I will copy to you if you like. They may help even if your host is not running Ubuntu.

                  73,

                  Robin