14325MLB5 Spoilers

  • Dave Brown
    Mar 25, 2007
      SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
      SPOILER

      The Mets continue their campaign to give me convincingly my highest
      draft pick ever :-) After actually managing to win a series (OK, was
      only against the Phillies), in their last 6 games, the Mets managed a
      grand total of 8 runs! This included one run over the whole series in
      San Diego...our poor pitchers kept them to just 8 runs, but it didn't
      help much!

      Another disappointment was on the free agent list - getting outbid by
      *one* LP is always irritating :-( Still, at least it's our first
      failed FA bid since I took over so I guess I've generally been
      judging it about right.

      One positive side was rookie switch-hitter Eric Hamilton made his
      first Mets appearance since I took over as GM and promptly went 15
      from 39 with a homer...and no errors from 1B! A very pleasing start -
      he's a definite hope for the future in the Mets camp!

      I actually don't think we're soooo far off having a reasonable
      team...my target for next season is 80 wins, and who knows, if the
      Marlins performance drops off (and they do have a few 0pot players)
      maybe the Central title is not *totally* impossible!?!? Probably
      wildly optimistic ;-) What we definitely do need is 2-3 good,
      experienced bats - without that, we've no hope. At the moment,
      they're not available, but at least we have the finances in place...

      And it's the most interested I've ever been in how the draft will
      look...so that's a new experience ;-)

      Dave
      MLB5 Mets
    • Show all 401 messages in this topic